World's BLACKEST black!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I would love to see this in person. Too bad it's incredibly delicate and not suitable for outdoor use... still incredible to see.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty neat. I'm not understanding why the process of do the dip and then painting over the rubbery like finish. I'm sure it is a bit unstable.

For auto paint it used to be Standox single stage black was the go to for the blackest black. Clear coating actually took away from the end result.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If they had just used a static pic to show the end product, I'd be suspicious of it being photoshopped.
I like all kinds of different black paint. Gloss, semi-gloss, heavy or light metallic, flat.
I've even considered painting my '98 in 3 different types of black.
But...I'm not sure if I like that or not.
It looks surreal. Like Skylark said. Cartoon-ish.
If it wasn't for the vid, I would of figured it was faked.
Sure is different, though.

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they had just used a static pic to show the end product, I'd be suspicious of it being photoshopped.
I like all kinds of different black paint. Gloss, semi-gloss, heavy or light metallic, flat.
I've even considered painting my '98 in 3 different types of black.
But...I'm not sure if I like that or not.
It looks surreal. Like Skylark said. Cartoon-ish.
If it wasn't for the vid, I would of figured it was faked.
Sure is different, though.
Similarly to changing the hue or shade of black in photoshop, one can colour grade a movie (it’s done frame at a time) and is quite time consuming.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the deal with the cheesy spray gun? I used to have one years ago that I got at Lowes. It stunk. I gave it away. I think he did say it was a waterborne product? Everything on the one I had was plastic, including the needle! Solvent products would probably eat away everything, LOL.

And his technique stunk! Basically did everything wrong based on what the manufactures of products and spray equipment teach. The atomization looks horrible. The spray drop look huge. Of course, it doesn't matter if what you are spraying is a black hole.

Would be interested in seeing what the car looks outside...It does look suspicious from the the spraying and the "final" product. Nothing in between? And no close-ups? If you stop the video at some clips, it does look photo-shopped. Who know?

And noticed the final shots are panned over of images, not really video shots that show true perspective…look closely.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
This is pretty neat. It almost looks photoshopped, but I guess "Vantablack" is a real thing, BMW has started doing it:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach