Killer reading for "car-guy" types...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom400CFI

Reaction score
Anyone ever see/read articles from THIS SITE?

It's not GMT 400 specific by any means, but there are quite a lot of incredibly well researched tech articles on chevy/GM related things (among others). I find many of the articles, the history...the "back story" to be quite fascinating. Thought others might enjoy it, too.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever see/read articles from THIS SITE?

It's not GMT 400 specific by any means, but there are quite a lot of incredibly well researched tech articles on chevy/GM related things (among others). I find many of the articles, the history...the "back story" to be quite fascinating. Thought others might enjoy it, too.

TBH your thread smells of click-bait. Especially from a new member here. Are you affiliated with that linked site in any way? Hope you understand the skepticism, many car forums get lots of fly-by spammers.

And I am not clicking without a whole lot more explanation and back story...

Tom400CFI

Reaction score
I can "get it" that people move to distrust, first. Did you try googling the site?

*There is no "back story". It's site with wicked good articles, that were incredibly well researched. Research that goes way, WAY beyond what you'd see in typical car-guy sites and articles like you'd read on Hagerty, Motor1, Driven, MotorTrend, etc. etc. What *I* love about this stuff is the deep dive into, which ever topic; the people behind the effort (car, transmission design, whatever the topic). The politics of the era, other pressures and influences that steered a product into failure...or success. It's car-topic articles that you do not typically see or find. That's all the "back story" that there is, here.
*I'm "affiliated with that linked site" insofar as I've read articles on that site. And Liked 'em. Thought other "car-guys" would too. That's the extent of my "affiliation".
*The site....if you actually looked at the thing, is not-for-profit. The guy makes nothing, doing it, unless people donate, which I've never done. There are no adds, no banners, no pop-ups, it's a pretty spartan format, that has content. So "click-bait"? Spammers? Not likely.

The site is exactly what I said it was. I'm new here, but I've been on other GM/car sites for decades; Thirdgen and the Corvette Forum, for example. Google the site, (and google my screen name too, if you wish!) if you're fearful of it. It's just a site. With car-guy stuff in it. I love it. Other's likely would, too.

Last edited:

Tom400CFI

Reaction score
Thanks! Nice to see a familiar "face"! The site has not had a lot of updating for a while, but recently he's done some new articles. He just published one on the first production EFI, the Bendix ElectroJector, which debuted on the '58 300D, IIRC. I didn't know there was EFI in the '50's. The topic morphed into Bosch D Jetronic, and that morphed further into Bendix EFI on 70's Caddies and the Cosworth Vega. It was lengthy, detailed and interesting, IMO. I found the "solutions" for mapping back then to be a riot; like a "hack" we might do in our back yards to make something work. It's what they could do, back then.

No Build, really. I want to find "Grandpa's Garage Queen", ECSB 4x4, 350, 5 speed. Joined here, b/c I was trying to learn about optioning of these trucks to help myself end up with the "perfect" truck to replace one I've had previously. A "unicorn", it would seem.