Wolf in sheep's clothing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned this in my introduction thread. but here are some progress.

1995 240sx got it looking like this.
You must be registered for see images

What it looked like last halloween before the stock 4cyl blew. Chalkboard paint, coilovers, toe rods, traction rods, tension rods, rear upper control arms.

Started sewing seats... Driver side done.

Tried out some hydrographics on some torque thrust reps I picked up for $150.
Going to paint the lips black all the way to the spokes.

Finally got my engine the other day... Had to get fabbed 2 1/2" valve covers to clear the COMP 1.7 adjustable rockers. Dipped my intake also.

Apparently 22x9.5 wheels fit my car, and sit perfectly flush with the fenders. My roommate was jealous they fit better than on the ranger. (Ranger is his now, but I still get to work on her and drive her)

All the wheels had terrible curb rash... But 18x9 18x10 staggered for $150... why not? Nothing a DA can't fix.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Love those cars. Especially when a V8 is swapped into them.
Keep it up!

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, this was one of my dream cars since I was a kid when they were new(I know, big dreams lol). So it will continue to evolve until I destroy it and decide whether I want to rebuild or move on to another dream car from the 90's.

SIKKY kit:
1 7/8th" to 3.5" headers
Driveshaft
oil pan +pickup (fits without having to notch the cross member)
PS lines nissan rack to f body pump
motor mounts
trans mount
oil filter relocation kit
Willwood master cylinder +lines
Wiring specialties wiring harness

Got the t-56 done by Texas Drivetrain Performance. (stage 2 rebuild + new 2cd, 3rd, 5th, and reverse gears)
Just incase you've never seen a transmission (this was from before I sent it off)

This was taken when motor was under construction

A fiberglass box (15" sub) I'm also working on occasionally. All of the spikes are usable airspace. When I'm finished smoothing it out, it will be painted by my neighbor who paints/builds old show cars mostly.

Just making sure it fit. Battery and amp will be on the left side. Don't mind all the wires, Those will be re-ran later.

Going to leave the ricer pipe and dump the exhaust at the rear axles (old pic with no writing)

Still need clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, all sensors except MAF, and possibly an ls6 valley cover because my valve covers aren't vented. I was hoping to just plug the hole on the intake side and be done with blow by... So if I go ls6 valley cover to vent the crank case through there I'll figure it out. more research is still needed before I pull the trigger on that.

Now you're caught up with the car... I think.

If you're wondering. The rear end is getting welded for the time being. By the time I blow it up I'll have the money for a KAAZ rear diff. Final drive is 4.083. The weak point is the axles. Luckily I can get them for dirt cheap, so until they start getting rare or I get tired of replacing them, that'll be what happens. Because the only place I know of that I would trust is like $400-$500 per side. So I would have to break like 500 axles to equal that.

Last edited:

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just need to sew up the headrest and the front seats will be done... Except the plastic trim, but still deciding whether to wood grain it or just paint it black. Ended up having to resew part of the bottom because when I hog ringed it down, the leather had a BAD pucker in one of the corners I thought I had perfect. I couldn't get it all out, but it'll do. I sat in them... They are stupid comfortable. That half inch foam isn't right for sports car seats, but man is it comfy.

The stock s14 seats have a little bit of a lop sided pattern, which I didn't really notice until I did my seats... It bugs the crap out of me. So I did some drawing to figure out how my next seats will be done. This is just a basic idea.

Had to evict some residents from under my seat.

mmmm soft

"Done"

It's too hot to do anything in the back shop. Doesn't look to be cooling down anytime soon either :whymewhyme: So I guess I'll probably be wrapping the dash next since that can be done inside.

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started stripping my dash and making a pattern to sew a black vinyl cover.

My neighbor finally got around to painting and clearing my wheels.

I also picked up the materials to make my shift knob... Well, all except one last ingredient... I need to go hunting for it.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great, love how the rims came out, what's up with the foxbody stang in one of those pics?

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's my roommate's. It was 78mm turbo 5.0 for almost a year before a natural gas leak blew it and part of the house up. he's going to put a turbo 351 in it when he's done with school.