Why so many 400s leaving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People are tempted by the big power the diesels offer and now the older trucks are pretty cheap. My LSX GMT400 is still faster than most diesels.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I will still be here driving a gmt 400, I like this body style, and I will not and do not make payment's on anything, If I can't pay cash for it then I don't need it!

Exactly! I am wife-free, kid-free (sort of) & debt-free! What's mine is mine. Nobody can say "you owe...we're taking"!
I love my 400's. Especially when the guys with the new trucks, & the payments to go with, stare at my trucks at a light, or ruberneck in traffic, then give me the thumbs up! I've personalized both of them to the way that I want, without a bunch of 'stick-on stuff'. They are as individual as I am. Hell, anyone with a credit rating can lease a new droid-mobile!
I do like the LS engines, though. Once time & montary funds allow, I will have one in the '98. But, I will have most of the funds in hand, before the swap even begins.
Neither one of my trucks will ever be owned by someone else. So I guess that means you guys are stuck with me!

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People cannot handle all of the OBS magic, so they must retreat to a NBS or NNBS

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Yup ill be here for awhile as well. Obs trucks are my favorite body style out there! Plus i have no desire to make payments on a new truck, no payments are good payments imo. Still cheaper to fix up an obs and make it look good than it is to buy a new truck

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

I do miss my OBS Vehiculars i must say!!

Right now i have a 2012 Sierra as a courtesy vehicle and i am not impressed with the power it has or simply how the power is distributed... the tranny seems so sluggish and it doesnt start pulling until like 4000 RPM... Maybe im just use to the allison but i honestly wouldnt buy one of these trucks... They are fantstic if you're a girl i suppose... IMO it doesnt have any "truck" characteristics at all... The only thing that i like about it is the fact that it has that brand new smell!! IF i had an option of one of these or a mint OBS id take the OBS for sure!!

just my opinion, doesnt mean much!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Lol i love that new truck smell, but not enought to spend $40g's up here in canada on one. Mind you my buddy has a 2008 dmax crew and that thing rides and pulls so smooth and the power delivery is very nice. Pulling a 26ft snowmobile trailer loaded with 5 sleds across alberta into the mountains of bc is effortless with that thing! I definately would like to own one one day when im more financially ready for one.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
People are tempted by the big power the diesels offer and now the older trucks are pretty cheap. My LSX GMT400 is still faster than most diesels.

I have both, and it's not so much the power. But the reliability. I like sending my gf off in a truck that im positive will make it there. My 92 is in good shape. And only broke on me once. But it's not really a chance I want to take, stranding people I love.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
the only reason i left obs is because a newer year and better milege i was getting 9 in my 91 and im getting auround 15 in my f150. i still love the looks of the obs chevys im probably gioing to get another one, one day