who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still wanting to replace all of it since the boots leak. I don't want to have to bust out the grease gun every week just to keep the truck functioning.
WHICH "boots"?

CV boots? Grease gun doesn't help. Replace the boots, or replace the CV shaft.

Ball joint/tie rod end boots? If the joint is good, you can get replacement polyurethane boots from Energy Suspension. There's several part numbers primarily depending on the stud size.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having read through this thread it would seem Mevotech is the overall favorite. My truck is at 176K and the front tires are wearing on the outside edge a little faster than the inside edge and I've noticed that the driver side tire has been rubbing the lower control arm slightly on full left lock turns. This paired with the truck being almost 30 years old I figure a full refresh of the front end wouldn't hurt anything. Are there any advantages to sticking with the stamped CA's vs using the fancy tubular ones? If it's worth the upgrade I'll use them but I don't want to throw extra money at something that is purely cosmetic.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like most of the “fancy” tubed UCA’s are for lifted trucks. I’m sure some are for stock height. I bought new UCA’s and removed ball joint to add a Mevotech TTX. Installing soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a front suspension rebuild on my 2000 Jimmy and they only offer the TTX line for the upper and lower ball joints but offer the front suspension kit in their OE grade and Supreme grade. If I do the OE grade kit and buy the TTX ball joints as an upgrade its about the same price as their Supreme kit.

I'm trying to keep costs down on this as its just a backup 4x4 beater but I also dont want to do this work again because I will probably keep this little 4x4 for a while.

Anyway, whats the difference between Mevotech's OE grade vs Supreme vs TTX?

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else will chime in, this thread has been here awhile... Looks like the TTX stuff is made to their highest standards by their advertising: https://www.mevotech.com/brands/ttx/

Looks to me like a better sealed boot and painted/plated components for longer life and easier service later. All the other advertised benefits sound similar to how Moog used to advertise their "Problem Solver," stuff. If it were me, I'd try the TTX stuff.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say, either buy the kit, but weave in all the TTX parts that are available. Or, get the TTX parts, don’t buy kit and just buy best available parts piece meal. For instance, use the OE Grade control arms w/TTX ball joints. TTX tie rods are impressive compared to OE or Supreme. Maybe their Supreme line idler and pit man’s are good(I can’t say) look at Proforged for those maybe. Sukks spending money and doing work to end up with some regrets. Keep us posted.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had all mevotech ttx stuff on the front of my 4wd 2012 Tahoe for over a year and there’s no sign of wear. I love there stuff, comes with nice hardware.

lukeapre

Reaction score
Incase anyone still reading. I put the highest end moog everything on my k2500 sub 99, ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arms, and all bushings front and back minus lower control arm. That was around 5-6k miles ago. The only part that flat out failed almost right away was the idler arm bracket. I'm glad it did. It got me looking at he center link movement very closely and i noticed the entire center link has a bit of a roll to it. Ive never noticed that before. I've been chasing the steering slop around for years. Seemed no matter what I did I couldn't quite get it gone. I replaced the moog idler arm bracket part with super steer and bought those cognito brackets. That was it for me. My truck tracks great now. In conclusion: For my truck, (and I assume many others)You can replace everything and you will still have that play. The brackets from cognito were the only thing that took care of it. I can't say enough about those things. I do not work for cognito, hahaha.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I see the pieces on their site, but can't wrap my head around what they do. Can you post a pic?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
looking at he center link movement very closely and i noticed the entire center link has a bit of a roll to it.

What do you mean by roll? I'm not seeing how that would make the steering off..... it's a fairly straight bar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969