who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Might have to get a set of those as well. My idler is about done and the pitman looks like it's still in fair shape. If I change them, I might hold on to the old ones...If the aftermarket ones are that bad these days.

I hope they don't discontinue them. Every time I find a part I like and procrastinate to buy them - I end up kicking myself for not getting them sooner.

RPMerf

Reaction score
I did the whole front suspension on my 97 K1500 Suburban last winter. Everything AC Delco. I don't think they sold upper ball joints, I did the whole assembled upper control arm.

Both MOOG and AC Delco have a good line of parts, and a **** line of parts. The good ones are AC Delco Professional and MOOG Problem Solver. AC Delco Economy and MOOG R Series are junk.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did the whole front suspension on my 97 K1500 Suburban last winter. Everything AC Delco. I don't think they sold upper ball joints, I did the whole assembled upper control arm.

Both MOOG and AC Delco have a good line of parts, and a **** line of parts. The good ones are AC Delco Professional and MOOG Problem Solver. AC Delco Economy and MOOG R Series are junk.

Problem Solver isn't that great. My 1500 ate a pitman arm in 6 years and the rubber boots ok the lower ball joints on the wife's Envoy were cracking in under a year.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem Solver isn't that great.
I hope their lower ball joint is better on my C1500. I just bough a Problem Solver K6445 for my left side. $74.99 ea - ouch! It has a neoprene boot, is greaseable and even comes with a zerk :waytogo: There's another one, K6293 for only $64.99, which is out of stock. The only difference I see is the K6445 has M16-1.50 metric threads and the K6293 is 5/8"-18 SAE. Oreiley's says they both fit, huh?

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question on the Mavotech lines. Will Supreme be better than MOOG problem solver for durability? I just found out ALL my MOOG replacements need to be replaced. I'm done with MOOG.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Question on the Mavotech lines. Will Supreme be better than MOOG problem solver for durability? I just found out ALL my MOOG replacements need to be replaced. I'm done with MOOG.

I can't speak to that line, but as far as I know the TTX is supposed to be their top line. I don't think you can get everything for our trucks in TTX though.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

great, I bought the P Solver moog RK upper A arms w ball joints last year. Have not installed them yet but will soon.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
great, I bought the P Solver moog RK upper A arms w ball joints last year. Have not installed them yet but will soon.

There's no such thing Problem Solver RK. It's one or the other. Last I knew Moog didn't have a Problem Solver upper control arm for our trucks.

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How far do you want to go with it? I did Mevotech TTX tie rods/ball joints, Cunningham machine tie rod adjustment sleeves, AC Delco pitman/idler arms, AC Delco idler arm bracket and Cognito pitman and idler arm braces.
The Cognito braces make a huge difference and I can’t see the arms wearing out ever again but are a bit of a pain to install.
You must be registered for see images attach
Dumb question. On the Cognito braces, the one I see is this:

Just need the one kit, correct?

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's no such thing Problem Solver RK. It's one or the other. Last I knew Moog didn't have a Problem Solver upper control arm for our trucks.

got them from rock auto