who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alignman88 what’s your opinion on Mevotrch TTX?
I haven’t used them. YET. They look like a ton better unit with the larger pivot mechanisms but it looks like there could be tire interference on a 15” wheel with a drop. Still studying how they will clear with a set of 20” wheels and lower profile tire.

Pretty sure that’s what I will go with though when this turd I’m building is road ready. And if they work on a 2wd I will definitely be using the Cognito helpers. They keep the toe change to a minimum which will maintain maximum handling capabilities. I had forgot about them being on the market so will need to look into them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t used them. YET. They look like a ton better unit with the larger pivot mechanisms but it looks like there could be tire interference on a 15” wheel with a drop. Still studying how they will clear with a set of 20” wheels and lower profile tire.

Pretty sure that’s what I will go with though when this turd I’m building is road ready. And if they work on a 2wd I will definitely be using the Cognito helpers. They keep the toe change to a minimum which will maintain maximum handling capabilities. I had forgot about them being on the market so will need to look into them.
Nice, keep us posted. I can only say I couldn’t be happier so far with the TTX/SuperSteer/Cognito parts.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, keep us posted. I can only say I couldn’t be happier so far with the TTX/SuperSteer/Cognito parts.
Good to hear! A buddy has used Cognito arms and products on several new 1 ton 4x4’s and the Supersteer products have been around a long time. They make all the killer stuff to make motorhomes drive better bellcranks, sway bars, coil springs, and even inline valves for air ride suspensions all to stop the rocking and rolling of motor home suspensions.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! A buddy has used Cognito arms and products on several new 1 ton 4x4’s and the Supersteer products have been around a long time. They make all the killer stuff to make motorhomes drive better bellcranks, sway bars, coil springs, and even inline valves for air ride suspensions all to stop the rocking and rolling of motor home suspensions.
Check it out if you haven’t seen this. Pretty much my front end build thread.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing a twist? Which would chew through idlers and pitmans.
The roll is because the inner tie rod ends pivot, and then the slack in pitman let’s the toe change. Good or bad in the end it’s engineers way of keeping consumer complaints down from squealing tires in a tight turn due to not enough difference in toe out on turns of the outside tire versus the inside tire.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The roll is because the inner tie rod ends pivot, and then the slack in pitman let’s the toe change. Good or bad in the end it’s engineers way of keeping consumer complaints down from squealing tires in a tight turn due to not enough difference in toe out on turns of the outside tire versus the inside tire.

It sounds more like you're describing Ackerman?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Now we get into deep water. The control arms do more than you think in relation to design, typically seen on race applications and their mounting points.

Anti-dive is to lessen how the forces typically transfer to body roll, and transfer it through the control arms and spindles instead of the body roll path. The trick is to keep wheel alignment angles at optimal values under braking. Toe and camber can change causing loss of grip or stability, as well as have negative aerodynamic effects that are optimal at the prescribed ride height.

Edit:
The control arm design also allows in the QA1 OBS trucks the ability to run over 5 degrees positive caster increasing straight line stability, which also means even MORE camber gain in a turn.

Detroit Speed has complete hydroformed front subframes for Gen 1 & 2 Camaro/Firebirds that correct handling issues due to better anti-dive characteristics. That’s why you see so many Optima Street Car competition folks using those type cars and placing high in the rankings.

Here’s a quick and easy to understand video on what anti dive is.

Not much you can do with anti-dive when both inboard mounting bolts are horizontal like on our trucks, that's more baked into the chassis. Cars with a vertical mount can shim that bit up or down, but it's a slight adjustment. A bolt in subframe would be a game changer for sure. That's ground up fresh geometry. One look at my Corvette's suspension and it became immediately clear how anti-squat/dive works. My C5 has a good bit baked in from the general.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds more like you're describing Ackerman?
Ackerman/toe out on turns is same thing. Also has to do with wheelbase. On mult-rear axle vehicles they refer to the that distance as cento of turn COT and it’s calculated at the distance between the tandem axles.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much you can do with anti-dive when both inboard mounting bolts are horizontal like on our trucks, that's more baked into the chassis. Cars with a vertical mount can shim that bit up or down, but it's a slight adjustment. A bolt in subframe would be a game changer for sure. That's ground up fresh geometry. One look at my Corvette's suspension and it became immediately clear how anti-squat/dive works. My C5 has a good bit baked in from the general.
Right. It will be interesting to see if there’s a difference that’s noticeable once it’s on the road.

Edit- I bet it will be better though since all that energy runs though the ball joint and spindle in a different manner than the stock geometry.

Last edited:

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding that Supersteer idler support. I saw one on ebay but it was at $350. I had a link to one I saved from on this site but now it doesn't show up on Supersteers site. Did Supersteer stop making them for our trucks?