Which Pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Looks like I’ll go with the GG from Raybestos.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this brake talk motivated me to go out and check my rear brakes. Blew out the dust, added grease to needed areas and adjusted. They are AcDelco pads and are FF!
You must be registered for see images attach

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the dura last on my 96 1500 . My truck stops pretty good with them. I just needed something fast .

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So not to 1-up you Erik but I just found them for even cheaper at Home Depot plus free shipping which RockAuto doesn’t give. For me RockAuto want about 7.00 shipping. Anyway for this price I just ordered a set for next pad change.:headbang:

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The most aggressive pads I've been able to find are Raybestos EHT369H. I run them on both of my '97s, one C1500 with JB5 brakes and one K1500 with JB6. They have a DOT friction code of GG. I'm very happy with them so far. I believe PowerStop also makes a set of GG code pads for these trucks. More discussion on the subject here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/ebc-yellowstuff-brake-pads-worth-it.47903/
Interesting. I decided to give them a try because the other Raybestos pads I was buying became scarce. I have drilled/slotted rotors, too.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd expect bedding procedure to be included with the pad set.

With no instructions, I'd make some firm "slows" (NOT "stops") from 60 mph to 40-ish mph. Vented rotors are centrifugal air pumps; at 40 mph they're spinning fast enough to move cooling air through the center. Brakes get worked fairly hard, but don't overheat.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I typically do some low speed stops, move to a couple firm 45 mph stops, then one hard 50 mpg stop, then a couple low speed stops. It helps living in a rural area where nobody cares if you're starting and stopping erratically.

...but if they come with instructions, that trumps what I say.