Where to get replacement trans oil cooler lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a shop do mine, pretty sure they got them from Napa

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probly call around the parts stores.

What happened was I kinked the line where the screw fitting slides down to screw into the radiator. Anyone think its worth trying to fix, or just get a new line?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probly call around the parts stores.

What happened was I kinked the line where the screw fitting slides down to screw into the radiator. Anyone think its worth trying to fix, or just get a new line?

Since trans fluid lines don't carry high pressure, it's fine to fix a section with a compression fitting. I did my Dad's 88 GMC like that with no issues. He had a leak where it was rubbing somewhere. It is difficult to bend up a whole new line and get it right.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Trans lines can carry up to 250 PSI pressure. Sectioning in a line with a compression fitting will work, but they vibrate loose and leak over time. What I do is cut and flair the line and use a union. Or best thing to is just replace the whole set.

I deal with Inline Tube most of the time, but it sometimes takes a while for shipping.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I realize this is an older thread, but I figure I'll add to it anyway, in case someone is searching for info. I recently tackled this job on my truck, and ordered stainless steel transmission cooler lines from Inline Tube for $75, plus about another $20 for shipping. My order arrived fairly quickly. Quality was very good. You have to do a little un-bending from shipping, but I managed to do that without worrying about kinking the lines.

The original lines had been replaced by a previous owner with regular steel brake line material, but it was sloppily routed. The lines were tight up against my lower radiator hose, which prevented me from changing the hose, therefore, I had to replace the transmission cooler lines first.

I did the job on a lift. It wasn't too bad to route the lines. The worst part was threading the nut of the upper line into the transmission, as there is not much clearance for a hand or ratchet. You want to start the threads by hand first, but it is a royal pain due to limited clearance. Once threads are started, I had to use a crowfoot-style line wrench, a U-joint and an extension bar, to tighten it, a little at a time. No leaks when I was finished, though.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pulled the grill off of my truck the other day. My lines are OE, and have never been replaced. Since I just had my transmission rebuilt, Im thinking, I don't want to **** a cooler hose. Good info.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking "kink" was the blanked out word, but apparently not. Now I'm wondering what you said to get filtered.

Bnixon

Reaction score
I just replaced mine as I just swapped in a stage 3 Gearstar 4L60e and I got mine at www.linestogo.com. I also ordered new fuel lies as the rubber flex sections were real spongy. They are very high quality and fit great. Hope that helps.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach