Trans cooler line part # 4l60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcurtis

Reaction score
I found the hose from the transmission to the Trans cooler and I'm able to reuse the line from the cooler to the radiator, but I can NOT find the radiator to Trans line....

(Pictured, the one without red tape)

Also, which one is upper and which is lower?

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM does not sell the all-metal (no rubber hose) radiator cooler line. You will have to buy straight line/pipe and do everything yourself, including bending and flaring it.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bottom (outlet) on transmission goes to bottom of radiator.
Top of radiator goes to the auxiliary cooler
Lastly, the cooler goes to top (inlet) on transmission.

The hot transmission fluid goes into the bottom of the radiator, and pressure pushes it to the top, so it doesn't aerate.
Rockauto should have all 3 lines in their catalog.

Edit: they don't...

I"d try to look them up for you but you neglected to list your year, model, and engine/tranny ID.

In your pic, the line with the Jesus clip is the aux cooler, and the threaded fitting goes into the radiator. If you looked at the radiator, you could've figured that out for yourself...

Last edited:

jcurtis

Reaction score
Top off radiator goes to the auxiliary cooler

The hot transmission fluid goes into the bottom of the radiator, and pressure pushes it to the top, so it doesn't aerate.

I"d try to look them up for you but you neglected to list your year, model, and engine/tranny ID.

In your pic, the line with the Jesus clip is the aux cooler, and the threaded fitting goes into the radiator. If you looked at the radiator, you could've figured that out for yourself...
Yeah, I used my eyes to figure that out. I meant to say top/bottom trans.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Top off radiator goes to the auxiliary cooler

Both of my GMT400 era GMs flow from top to bottom of the radiator cooler from the factory. 99 Tahoe and 97 Van. The G20 vans I have also flow down. I have yet to see a GM cooler flow up from the factory. They have all had the inlet at the top and outlet on the bottom. The engine oil cooler is also the same way. Oil goes in at the top and comes out of the bottom.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both of my GMT400 era GMs flow from top to bottom of the radiator cooler from the factory. 99 Tahoe and 97 Van. The G20 vans I have also flow down. I have yet to see a GM cooler flow up from the factory. They have all had the inlet at the top and outlet on the bottom. The engine oil cooler is also the same way. Oil goes in at the top and comes out of the bottom.

Attachments

• 4l60e-transmission-cooler-lines-diagram.jpg
    4l60e-transmission-cooler-lines-diagram.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Fluid-Circulation-e1571882129251.png
    Fluid-Circulation-e1571882129251.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 507195d1437926193-fluid-flow-transmission-cooler-transmission-cooler-animated.gif
    507195d1437926193-fluid-flow-transmission-cooler-transmission-cooler-animated.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 43

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This how my Yukon is run from the factory. So unless Arlington, TX does something different...