adding trans cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought for my 95 suburban the 96-99 GM trans cooler but the lines don't fit it. (the 95 cooler is discontinued). Is it possible to replace the quick connection fittings of the cooler with the old style ones to match the lines?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of any difference in the fittings for the AUX transmission coolers/lines by year, I thought they were all 3/8" NPTF quick connects. I could be wrong though... Also I'm seeing all of the factory part numbers for AUX coolers being discontinued, not just '88-'95. Are you sure you got the right part?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of any difference in the fittings for the AUX transmission coolers/lines by year, I thought they were all 3/8" NPTF quick connects. I could be wrong though... Also I'm seeing all of the factory part numbers for AUX coolers being discontinued, not just '88-'95. Are you sure you got the right part?
Also not sure if you've seen this thread but you can add a much larger cooler than these trucks ever came with from the factory with only a little trimming of the mounting brackets and some fitting adapters, probably for less money than the factory GM cooler cost.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-factory-auxiliary-trans-cooler-upgrade.18104/
the 88-95 cooler ends are different. the fitting is indeed 3/8 but I think it's NPT... does it fit an NPTF female?
the 96-99 cooler 89022535 I bought from rockauto and it's still available today. they have also GM lines for both 88-95 and 96-99. the fittings are indeed discontinued but I found one GM on ebay and bought another Dorman one.