Where to find new gasket for cargo/3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, Post office must have delivered my taillight to a neighbor (and a credit car bill as well), cause it was on my doorstep when I got home late last night. Guess it went to a neighbor and they figured out it was meant for me.

The light itself. I'm not to sure this is going to work. Look how wavy the plastic is across the top of the housing. I don't see how this is going to seal up tight. Those that have bought an aftermarket light, did it look anything like this? And there isn't a gasket. I guess I could make one. I am thinking about asking for a refund and look for something else.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The nicer aftermarket units (like the Anzos) definitely have a gasket, but it's different than the factory one by quite a bit. That one you got looks like a real cheap-o to me.

EDIT - Worth mentioning that the aftermarket units aren't different between cab styles like the factory housings are, so they don't seal up quite as well on either style. I'm sure that has something to do with the different gasket design.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the smoked Anzo housing in Kenny's link on my red truck, I was originally looking for a factory lens but I settled on the Anzo and I ended up liking it a lot. I had my Anzo tail lights lightly smoked at a local body shop to match, this is the best picture I have of the rear lighting right now.

The Anzo 3rd brake light angles slightly downward toward the bed, but not enough to tell unless you're really looking for it. I had to run a small bead of silicone along the top edge of the gasket to get it to seal properly, but I have a wire running out of there for my SiriusXM antenna so I'm sure that's why. It looked like it would have sealed up just fine if it weren't for that.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will admit I cheaped out, but seems like such a simple part and the photos looked so much better than the product that was delivered. Actually, the front side of the light looks fine. It is just the back side is all warped. Maybe I will see if I can make a gasket and make it work, it was only $26. here is the product, except mine is clear not smoked: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B628M5T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the smoked Anzo housing in Kenny's link on my red truck, I was originally looking for a factory lens but I settled on the Anzo and I ended up liking it a lot. I had my Anzo tail lights lightly smoked at a local body shop to match, this is the best picture I have of the rear lighting right now.

The Anzo 3rd brake light angles slightly downward toward the bed, but not enough to tell unless you're really looking for it. I had to run a small bead of silicone along the top edge of the gasket to get it to seal properly, but I have a wire running out of there for my SiriusXM antenna so I'm sure that's why. It looked like it would have sealed up just fine if it weren't for that.

That looks pretty good against the red of your truck. I'm not sure how smoked lenses would look with my faded gold paint. I'm sure they can be had in non-smoked, clear, etc. And per your description, it actually came with a gasket!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will admit I cheaped out, but seems like such a simple part and the photos looked so much better than the product that was delivered. Actually, the front side of the light looks fine. It is just the back side is all warped. Maybe I will see if I can make a gasket and make it work, it was only $26. here is the product, except mine is clear not smoked: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B628M5T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Well mine is like yours, but I think mine is a spyder. It has been on my truck for a long time. 7 or 8 years I guess. I think I got it from Summit racing, but I am not sure.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I found a pic of mine. Although it looks smoked, it is clear. Oh and yes it came with a gasket.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty good. And per your description, it actually came with a gasket!

Thanks! I did a lot of deliberating about the lighting on my trucks, to the point of being accused of severe OCD by a few other members here (and myself, I admit it).

And yes, the inclusion of a gasket was nice. :lol: