3rd Brake Light Gasket? …….Maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you know if it's the same for a truck with just a cargo light and no 3rd brake light?

I would imagine the material is probably similar, but your gasket will be completely different dimensions than these. IIRC the early cargo light only trucks have a much smaller housing.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
While mine isn’t leaking yet it is as decrepit looking as the Cryptkeeper, so thanks for trying something out for all of us.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an update, I went out and installed one on my truck today. Since I don’t have an original, in original condition, I was never sure but after installing mine, I think it’s evident there’s a lip on the outer edge that my gaskets don’t have. It did look like it would still seal though. But obviously I can’t guarantee that. I’ll bet it’s still better than some. So the offers still there if anyone wants to try one. Again, not looking to sell them.
First picture below shows lip on outer edge of an original, while second picture is my gasket with lens.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at pictures of the RZ Lightz’s gasket and it doesn’t have the outer ridge I see on an older original gasket. It is possible that ridge just forms over time. What do you think?
Here’s a picture of the RZ.

And again mine. Yes, the RZ has raised bits in the middle sections, but flat perimeter like mine.