3rd Brake Light Gasket? …….Maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been toying with this idea, so I bought a sheet of EPDM soft rubber. This apparently is what at least some manufacturers use for 3rd brake gasket. This is from one company that manufactures them, sadly not ours:

“Our gaskets are made from the highest quality material available; EPDM foam rubber. EPDM is what all modern industrial building roofing and automotive weather-stripping is made from. Not Neoprene. That's a completely different animal. Neoprene shrinks, dries out and is not UV stable”.

So I traced out a template on some thin plastic then x-acto bladed a couple out. The material is definitely waterproof as I took some and sorta cupped it and filled with water. Ten minutes later not one drop came through and then all the water just rolled off of it. I’m sure these prototypes are fine but I have an idea that involves a small trim router for tomorrow. Anyway, this may be a good fix for those in need of one as the only current way of getting one is buying a Lens and gasket kit from RZ Lights, definitely a quality kit if you want to shell out $125.00.
Anyway, if a few of you guys want to try one, shoot me a PM. I’m not interested in doing this for money but if you pay shipping this may be the fix for some.
Again, pics show a couple prototypes and I have a few ideas on making them a bit cleaner.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Bottom gasket is original I used to trace and make template.

Last edited:

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know if it's the same for a truck with just a cargo light and no 3rd brake light?