What's Your Favorite Gauge Color Or Combo?

Have You Modded Your Gauges?

• Obviously, why wouldn't I?

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Maybe I'll consider with the right inspiration.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nah, stock is best for me.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I've always left my dashes/gauge clusters bone-stock. I see all kinds of stuff with people swapping gauge needles, changing to LED backlighting in various colors, white gauge faces, whole new aftermarket clusters, pods, etc.

What's your favorite combo? Not confined to just GMT400's. Also add pictures if you like!

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
White LEDs + red needle (not pictured). The coating on the gauges gives white LEDs a blue tint. I think it looks nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer stock with standard incandescent lights. That last part seems to put me in the minority these days but I really like the warmth of the light and the ability to dim the cluster way down.

If budget was no concern those Dakota Digital clusters are pretty cool though...

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I prefer stock with standard incandescent lights. That last part seems to put me in the minority these days but I really like the warmth of the light and the ability to dim the cluster way down.

If budget was no concern those Dakota Digital clusters are pretty cool though...
Not trying to change your mind... But if you put a PWM dimmer on the power to the dash lights you can dim them all the way too.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98. Escalade cluster with Aztec needles.
Oil pressure needle reads lower than actuality. My bad on the install. Just haven't gotten around to repositioning it.

My '97. IIRC, the needles are out of a Buick Rendezvous.
Speedo needle is a bit short, but after 7 years I've gotten used to it.

Both still have the stock incandescent bulbs.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I have the originals, to keep and a set with the tach just to play with. I have the originals apart now redoing the orange stripe to red. I like the way it looks so far.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Man, you guys have some awesome setups! I know on my vehicles with heavy performance mods, I spend lots of time gauge-watching and listening close to make sure everything is in good order (plus V8 noise hasn't gotten old to me yet). Might as well enjoy the whole experience.

At the same time - When I drive something that's more calm under the hood...And usually the least worry...It's nice to have comfortable ambience. Whether it be a shifter, lighting, seats, a good stereo, or all of the above. :driver: