What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$800 off of C-list, drove to south Jersey with a trailer bring her home!
You must be registered for see images attach

oodles of money spent and still spending and she looks like this at the moment.

Wow huge improvement

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing is: when you go to look at a 6.0 for purchase, you REALLY have to KNOW what you're doing and what to look for.

And it's not lift the hood and see if it looks clean or stomping the throttle around the block. Ya gotta get in there with wrenches, scopes, diagnostic tools and you need to know the breed.

Get it while it's still good and you're in like flint. You'll get a modern powerhouse of a diesel for pennies compared to it's contemporaries.

Get a hold of one someone has patched up after a pop and you're in for a world of hurt and the biggest money pit you've ever seen.....
Depends, A good friend works on Powerstrokes All day, He was telling me the 6L's are better after they pop because of the mods alot of people do so they DONT again.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldnt pay fast enough...

Hey, I got one of the best deals ever on a GMT400, I bought it in bc for $1000! Rebuilt engine,trans and new gm G80 all with 99,000kms when I bought it the chassis has 270,000 but couldnt tell. Found a set of 3, '09 Avalanche rims from the Hyundai (closed GM dealer) for $60 found a 4th rim on ebay $100. The guy I bought it froms father was pulled over and cited for unsafe vehicle when the police officer pulled the key out while still running, told me needed a new tumbler, went to GM $8 key fixed it. great truck.

Attachments

• IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Depends, A good friend works on Powerstrokes All day, He was telling me the 6L's are better after they pop because of the mods alot of people do so they DONT again.

True, but most of it revolves around said 700-ish fix.

The rest is just "bonus" because you're dealing with the aftermath of bent rods, blown pistons or maybe even a holed block.

I still would jump all over a clean 6.0 if the price was right.

But I also "kinda sorta" know what I'm doing....:)

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hey, I got one of the best deals ever on a GMT400, I bought it in bc for $1000! Rebuilt engine,trans and new gm G80 all with 99,000kms when I bought it the chassis has 270,000 but couldnt tell. Found a set of 3, '09 Avalanche rims from the Hyundai (closed GM dealer) for $60 found a 4th rim on ebay $100. The guy I bought it froms father was pulled over and cited for unsafe vehicle when the police officer pulled the key out while still running, told me needed a new tumbler, went to GM $8 key fixed it. great truck.

Mr RCMP man ore stepped his bounds there if he reached in the window and pulled 'me out, pulling the key out doesn't classify it as an unsafe vehicle either.

But it worked out good for you!

:)

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The officer had given a ticket for a safety certification since the vehicle was still running after he removed the key, it was paper thin.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Wow there's some really nice builds in here.

Paid $4,000 cash from private party 176k miles. Minimal rust. Small tailgate spots. Had pics of the day I bought it. Don't know where they went. I have em in build thread
You must be registered for see images

Now 236k rusted but in great mechanical shape. Not much has really changed looks wise.

You must be registered for see images

Tyler/T-Unit

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
$600 cash for my '92.. Motor was knocking, cab corners were gone. Did a full frame off resto on this thing with my dad, swapped out the cab and bed for a rust free bed/cab, drivetrain had only 130,000 kms but rebuilt the motor cuz of the knock and had the block dipped in acid to clean all the crap out, new heads, cam, all that fun stuff! I have alot of money tied up in this thing and ill never sell it..

Before/after

Now:

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
$600 cash for my '92.. Motor was knocking, cab corners were gone. Did a full frame off resto on this thing with my dad, swapped out the cab and bed for a rust free bed/cab, drivetrain had only 130,000 kms but rebuilt the motor cuz of the knock and had the block dipped in acid to clean all the crap out, new heads, cam, all that fun stuff! I have alot of money tied up in this thing and ill never sell it..

Before/after

Now:

That thing is sick!!!!