What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
6.0 powerstroke would be my dream truck. Theyre great engines if you know what to do to them.

yah any engine is great after you dump a bunch of cash in it lol why would you dream of one of the worst diesel engines ever lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I paid 7300 for mine got about 8500 in it now id guess

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Paid nothing for mine (family owned since '94) but I've put maybe 2 to 3 grand in it for repairs and upgrades since I've owned it. Not a bad deal for a tough, fast little truck.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yah any engine is great after you dump a bunch of cash in it lol why would you dream of one of the worst diesel engines ever lol

Because if I can find a 6.0 with blown headgaskets for 10k and put at most 8k into it with ARP headstuds and such, and come out with a 25k truck that will blow the doors off of most cummins and duramaxs, I would gladly do it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Catch it before it goes and it's about a 700 dollar fix to never be troubled with it ever again.

Personally, I'm glad Ford c*cked it up first time around. People avoid 6.0 powerstrokes because they've "heard" they're a bad design (coincidentally, those people tend to like cool aid too :) )and it drives the prices waaaay down. The engine isn't a bad design, it's actually very, very stout. The problem is all the crap uncle sam forced Navistar to hang off the damned thing.

:mad:

If I ever find a clean one that hasn't already popped or has had it's engine replaced I'd be all over it like white on rice and this POS GM would be a burning fireball rolling down a cliff side somewhere.

Modified 6.0 powerstrokes are over 1000 hp now and running with the big dogs if you know what to do and have the cash. Sure, it's not as simple as turning a fuel screw and gaining 100 hp, but nothing is anymore.

Same reason the gm 6.5 trucks are so cheap. Bad rap for injector pumps when it was just a bum electrical module. They had lots of other problems to go with it though...

Last edited:

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Catch it before it goes and it's about a 700 dollar fix to never be troubled with it ever again.

Personally, I'm glad Ford c*cked it up first time around. People avoid 6.0 powerstrokes and it drives the prices waaaay down. If I ever find a clean one that hasn't popped or has had it's engine replaced I be all over it like white on rice.

Modified 6.0 powerstrokes are over 1000 hp now and running with the big dogs if you know what to do and have the cash.

Same reason the gm 6.5 trucks are so cheap. Bad rap for injector pumps when it was just a bum electrical module. They had lots of other problems to go with it though...

And not to mention the sound of a 6.0 powerstroke.. I absolutely love it

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
And not to mention the sound of a 6.0 powerstroke.. I absolutely love it

The thing is: when you go to look at a 6.0 for purchase, you REALLY have to KNOW what you're doing and what to look for.

And it's not lift the hood and see if it looks clean or stomping the throttle around the block. Ya gotta get in there with wrenches, scopes, diagnostic tools and you need to know the breed.

Get it while it's still good and you're in like flint. You'll get a modern powerhouse of a diesel for pennies compared to it's contemporaries.

Get a hold of one someone has patched up after a pop and you're in for a world of hurt and the biggest money pit you've ever seen.....

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
$350 (that included the $80 to get it out of the shop it was in) with two blown head gaskets and cracked heads. The only pic I have of it before since my comp crashed. Bone stock with a stupid looking brush guard...
You must be registered for see images attach

+$1200 later. That's a $1200 PROFIT, I have somehow managed to make money building this thing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: