What'd yall pay for your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
That looks much better!

Thanks, lots of time and thought went into everything I did. Always nice when your work is appreciated. By the way, I imagine what mine would look like with those rims every time I see your sig. I'm not a fan of larger wheels, but yours just looks so damn good with them

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks!! Spent almost 2 years figuring out which wheels I wanted for it. Had a pic of the truck, & I would cut out wheel pix in mags to tape in place to figure out what I wanted. I love the look!

But to tell ya the truth, it handles much better with the 15's! Less inertia/unsprung weight.
With the 20's, it uses more gas, it's not as quick in the twisties, & they eat up my brakes.
But they do 'feel' more positive. Maybe because of the fewer revolutions per mile. They smooth out the ride once you get 'em rollin'. The steering isn't as twitchy with the big wheels, at speed. Great on the highway.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Catch it before it goes and it's about a 700 dollar fix to never be troubled with it ever again.

Personally, I'm glad Ford c*cked it up first time around. People avoid 6.0 powerstrokes because they've "heard" they're a bad design (coincidentally, those people tend to like cool aid too :) )and it drives the prices waaaay down. The engine isn't a bad design, it's actually very, very stout. The problem is all the crap uncle sam forced Navistar to hang off the damned thing.

:mad:

If I ever find a clean one that hasn't already popped or has had it's engine replaced I'd be all over it like white on rice and this POS GM would be a burning fireball rolling down a cliff side somewhere.

Modified 6.0 powerstrokes are over 1000 hp now and running with the big dogs if you know what to do and have the cash. Sure, it's not as simple as turning a fuel screw and gaining 100 hp, but nothing is anymore.

Same reason the gm 6.5 trucks are so cheap. Bad rap for injector pumps when it was just a bum electrical module. They had lots of other problems to go with it though...

The problem was actually Ford turning up the 6.0 over International's specs. In International trucks it's rated from 175-230hp and no problems with head gaskets or oil coolers...

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Gave 3200 for it and this is how I found it. Had about 89k on the clock.

You must be registered for see images attach

How she sits now (except frame and everything is repainted)

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Catch it before it goes and it's about a 700 dollar fix to never be troubled with it ever again.

Personally, I'm glad Ford c*cked it up first time around. People avoid 6.0 powerstrokes because they've "heard" they're a bad design (coincidentally, those people tend to like cool aid too :) )and it drives the prices waaaay down. The engine isn't a bad design, it's actually very, very stout. The problem is all the crap uncle sam forced Navistar to hang off the damned thing.

:mad:

If I ever find a clean one that hasn't already popped or has had it's engine replaced I'd be all over it like white on rice and this POS GM would be a burning fireball rolling down a cliff side somewhere.

Modified 6.0 powerstrokes are over 1000 hp now and running with the big dogs if you know what to do and have the cash. Sure, it's not as simple as turning a fuel screw and gaining 100 hp, but nothing is anymore.

Same reason the gm 6.5 trucks are so cheap. Bad rap for injector pumps when it was just a bum electrical module. They had lots of other problems to go with it though...

This. I paid $16k for my LOADED 6.0 w/ 98k miles. Spent another $2500 on oil cooler, EGR delete, silica free coolant, coolant filter, gaskets, studs, a few smaller reliability mods, and now I DD a ~520 HP/950 Ft Lb's of Torque HUGE crew cab with 35's on 20' with all sorts of creature comforts, a Dana 60 front axle, that sounds AWESOME, and gets 20-22 MPG consistently. My last tank of fuel took me to 632 miles (odometer measured) with 54 miles left to E according the dash. I love my GMT400, but 6.0's are a pure bargain. People are scared because the failure rate on them is slightly higher than a normal vehicle, but proper maintenance is all it takes.

Edit: Forgot to mention it still books for almost $30k.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ok i spose thats pretty awesome haha

Sent from my LG-US730 using Tapatalk 4 Beta