Whatcha think guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the amount of work it needs, I wouldn't give him $3k for it. At the end of the day, it's still 25 years old.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the amount of work it needs, I wouldn't give him $3k for it. At the end of the day, it's still 25 years old.
Many many years ago I had a lady tell me, you don't know until you ask lol .
Sling it on the wall and see if it sticks =)

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have told my boys, when your car shopping and find the one you just can't live without, your first offer should be an insult. Point out everything that's wrong, then make your offer. If they are asking $10k, offer $3k. Sometimes it'll put some doubt in their minds as to what it's really is worth, especially if it's something like this one in question where he is asking 5 times what it books at. Then you can start on what you are really willing to pay. I have used this method a few times, and was able to get a couple thousand extra off asking price. One car I got for half what the guy was asking. He was asking way more than it was worth, and I got it for a lot less than it was worth. I spent about $200 and 1 day fixing all the little things then sold it for half again what I paid for it. It's a racket, just like new car sales!

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have told my boys, when your car shopping and find the one you just can't live without, your first offer should be an insult. Point out everything that's wrong, then make your offer. If they are asking $10k, offer $3k. Sometimes it'll put some doubt in their minds as to what it's really is worth, especially if it's something like this one in question where he is asking 5 times what it books at. Then you can start on what you are really willing to pay. I have used this method a few times, and was able to get a couple thousand extra off asking price. One car I got for half what the guy was asking. He was asking way more than it was worth, and I got it for a lot less than it was worth. I spent about $200 and 1 day fixing all the little things then sold it for half again what I paid for it. It's a racket, just like new car sales!
Usually people that puts these kind of prices on things are people that don't need to sell or have to sell. Hungry man puts reasonable prices on things. That is the whole problem today in the classic car market, working stiff's has been priced out of the game. Old cars in terrible condition are bringing big bucks and being labeled "Barn Find" or "Patina" or "Rat Rod" with stupid prices attached, sad part is people is paying it.