Whatcha think guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually people that puts these kind of prices on things are people that don't need to sell or have to sell. Hungry man puts reasonable prices on things. That is the whole problem today in the classic car market, working stiff's has been priced out of the game. Old cars in terrible condition are bringing big bucks and being labeled "Barn Find" or "Patina" or "Rat Rod" with stupid prices attached, sad part is people is paying it.

That’s how I ended up with my ‘88 to begin with. I couldn’t justify paying big bucks for something that needed a bunch of work. GMT 400’s still have that old school vibe but you can find good examples for reasonable prices.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Insulting the person you're trying to do business with is never a good idea.
You have to kinda feel out the situation first, but it has worked for me more than once. It doesn't work every time, and I don't use it every time. Usually just on something like this where I feel like the seller is out in left field with his price.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Way, Way, Way to much money. Maybe $3000. Its a project in the process of being something, but not any where close yet. Yea it looks good, but looks aren't everything. The seller thinks he has something because he has an old Vette 350, and a Mucie 4 speed . It doesn't matter that its numbers matching, its not in the Vette it came out of. Back in 1969, the first LT1 came out. It was a 350 HP 350. At the time that was grate, but today, that ant crap. I agree, it would be worth a lot more with a LS swap. Hell IMO it would be worth more with its OE engine with a fresh rebuild.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I love when people list some smog era shitbox truck with a turd 4 speed and 454 for like $3,000 and have the audacity to say the engine and trans are worth at least half that. Nope, sorry old timer but roller valvetrain, higher compression and over drive are important to me.

I have had people try and insult me with offers on things I had listed for reasonable prices (because I'm a reasonable man) and told them to get lost. When I sold my '69 Plymouth that happened. I had to tell the guy twice to get off my property, as if he thought I was a dealer or obligated to let him waste more of my time. Then in his butt hurt stupor I got more childish texts and eventually an offer close to what I was asking but I refused to sell it to him out of principal. Funny, if my car was such a "**** box" then why are you still texting me, pal? Move on then.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, if it starts out reasonable, I'll have a reasonable haggling conversation with the seller. I only do the insulting thing when it's something I really want, but not willing to pay 3 times what it's worth.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Way, Way, Way to much money. Maybe $3000. Its a project in the process of being something, but not any where close yet. Yea it looks good, but looks aren't everything. The seller thinks he has something because he has an old Vette 350, and a Mucie 4 speed . It doesn't matter that its numbers matching, its not in the Vette it came out of. Back in 1969, the first LT1 came out. It was a 350 HP 350. At the time that was grate, but today, that ant crap. I agree, it would be worth a lot more with a LS swap. Hell IMO it would be worth more with its OE engine with a fresh rebuild.

Well Kenny, if that one was not for you how about this one... Only 4 days left hurry

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-GMC-S...f69fff14:g:3j8AAOSwa9Bbu3aO:rk:6:pf:0&vxp=mtr

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited: