What wheel is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that is a tall as frick master cylinder
My master cylinder? It's a GMT 800 off of a 2002 Tahoe. If you look close, you can see the brake line adaptor to make it work. Here is a better pic. It's been on my truck a long time. 6 or 8 years, I think. It gives you a better brake peddle feel, and a higher peddle. It also takes away that soft peddle feel. Some people don't like the swap, I love it.
You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My master cylinder? It's a GMT 800 off of a 2002 Tahoe. If you look close, you can see the brake line adaptor to make it work. Here is a better pic. It's been on my truck a long time. 6 or 8 years, I think. It gives you a better brake peddle feel, and a higher peddle. It also takes away that soft peddle feel. Some people don't like the swap, I love it.
You must be registered for see images attach
that fluid level almost seems unecessary since the fact the fluid isnt recirculating mroe or less stuck in the line between cool and ends.

or is this a 4 wheel abs? I could see that having functional need for that fluid.

or brakes with a large lining wear + pistons

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that fluid level almost seems unecessary since the fact the fluid isnt recirculating mroe or less stuck in the line between cool and ends.

or is this a 4 wheel abs? I could see that having functional need for that fluid.

or brakes with a large lining wear + pistons
Your missing the point. It's not about the fulid level. It's about better stopping power. The piston on the gmt800 MC has a bigger piston, so this gives you better stopping power. I never really paid any attention to the Reservoir size vs the gmt400 reservior size. That's not what's important to me. That mushy peddle feel of the later gmt400s tend to have, is what I was trying to eliminate. The gmt800 MC did just that, for my application, and in my case. It's a much more solid peddle feel, or at least in my case it is anyway.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The piston on the gmt800 MC has a bigger piston, so this gives you better stopping power.
A bigger piston makes it feel firmer because you have less leverage on the brakes. A smaller piston will give you more brake pressure, but requires a longer pedal throw, which can feel like sponginess.