What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy97

Reaction score
Hey yall might be dumb question but I'm putting my 5.7l vortec back together and am lost on what connects to this elbow fitting, anyone know? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20240308_201044.jpg
    20240308_201044.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 29

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, I kinda figured, but the 2000 k2500 I have now came with a 7.4l... and the booster isn't the same as my 97 had.. which is why I was confused
That pesky GM....changed STUFF without checking with you first.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Learning moment. Nobody can remember every detail usually. Raise your hand if don't have mobile phone with a camera. Take some photos, do it every time. I was taking photos with my Cannon SLR on any engine teardowns. When , " what's a cellular phone , a brick ? " Yeah back then.
Now it's sooooo easy. Take photos, it's easy, 5 seconds, will save you how much, " where does this go?"
If your NEW to mechanical skill learning! More photos have been taken in the last ten years than the previous 100 years!
Take photos of what your starting on , in progress, and have the in hand information to successfully complete your repair and or project. Win, Win ! :waytogo:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Learning moment. Nobody can remember every detail usually. Raise your hand if don't have mobile phone with a camera. Take some photos, do it every time. I was taking photos with my Cannon SLR on any engine teardowns. When , " what's a cellular phone , a brick ? " Yeah back then.
Now it's sooooo easy. Take photos, it's easy, 5 seconds, will save you how much, " where does this go?"
If your NEW to mechanical skill learning! More photos have been taken in the last ten years than the previous 100 years!
Take photos of what your starting on , in progress, and have the in hand information to successfully complete your repair and or project. Win, Win ! :waytogo:
I know what you are talking about. I was a Photographer's Mate in the US Navy. I shot color, black and white and slides. I developed it all and printed too. My whole time I was doing that I was documenting whatever I shot with a camera. After I got out I kept a camera with me all the time, even when the brick phones were around. I had a camera with me all the time till I had my first cell with a camera. I still have pics from when I was in. I was at the Thrilla in Manila fight and have pics.

chevyguy97

Reaction score
Well I get it goes to brake booster. But where? My 97 had the big round style booster. This 2000 literally has nowhere to attach a hose. Which is why I'm confused. Unless I'm missing something, Here's what it looks like

Attachments

• 20240309_125216.jpg
    20240309_125216.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240309_125242.jpg
    20240309_125242.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 20