What original or unique mods have you done - not the norm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a Hypertech Power Charger to complement the Ultimate TBI mods I did.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Then I got to looking at my air cleaner and realized that it wasnt going to work like it was. The stock TBI air cleaner has a heat riser valve in the snorkle. I have yet to see it hooked up to a heat source. So, by and large, that valve remains closed on most TBI trucks. That means that youre attempting to breathe through a hole that is maybe 1 1/4" in diameter-and its all engine compartment air. So that tube going over the the fender, supposedly supplying cold air, isnt most of the time. This is looking into the end of the snorkle.

You must be registered for see images attach

The other thing I noticed was that the Power Charger had quite a large opening at the top, whereas my air cleaner had a relatively small opening at the bottom. So, with the two problems mentioned above, I got out my tin snips, and grinder. First thing I did is make the hole in the bottom bigger.

[/URL][/IMG]

Then I drilled out the rivets on the heat riser and removed it, took the blade out of the snorkle and cut off all the linkage and stuff, cut off the stove pipe and ground it all smooth.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Then I took the blade and flattened it a bit and laid it over the hole left buy the removal of the heat riser.

[/URL][/IMG]

It fit just fine so I drilled the two holes that matched the rivet holes already there, and drilled one new one and riveted it to the air claeaner.

[/URL][/IMG]

Then I painted it all up and let it dry.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

No more hot air diluting my intake charge, and I'm getting full flow from my fenderwell.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my white gauge faces and installed them over the weekend.

[/URL][/IMG]

So, I went from this;

[/URL][/IMG]

To this;

[/URL][/IMG]

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I went to pick and pull and picked up an e-fan assembly of a Windstar. Then I got my radiator out on a couple saw horses and laid the efan assembly on it. I was amazed how well it fit! You'd think Ford had made it with our trucks in mind.

[/URL][/IMG]

All I really needed to do is deepen the notches at one end, and make matching notches at the other end 'till it sat flat on the radiator.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

To facilitate the laying flat scenario, I needed to cut out and clearance for the hose outlets. I also had to cut off and smooth over the stock fan mounts.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

So today I got it all cleaned up and sitting nicely on the radiator, then I needed to figure out how to attach it. I didnt want to use anything that went through the fins themselves, so went down to the hardware store and picked up a couple 4 ft. 1/2"X 3/4" aluminum angles, and one 4 ft. 1"X 1" aluminum angle. Picked up some rivets and screws too.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I took the smaller two angles and cut them to length for the top and bottom, notching out for the ribs. The Windstar efan assembly is open at one end so I took the larger angle and fit it in the opening. I had to v-cut it at both ends to fit around obstacles. Once everything was fitted to my liking, I clamped them and drilled holes and riveted them in place.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

At the open end I had to notch for various things before it would lay flat.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Once everything laid flat, and lined up, I took some small self tapping screws and attached the whole thing to the aluminum U-channel at the top and bottom of the core.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

All in all I was pretty ecstatic about how it ended up, and how well it fit, and that the wife let me do it in the living room while watching NASCAR. All in all, it was a pretty good day.....even though I did have to vacuum the living room-3 times....

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced the cigarette lighter socket with a USB jack for my headunit, along with a 3.5mm input. I'm also thinking about putting a 120v outlet beneath the cargo light switch.
You must be registered for see images attach

Where did you come up with the USB bulkhead fitting? How is it attached in the back.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, I see. The dual USB is just for charging-I'm aware of those. The single one above gave the impression that his was hooked up to the USB out of the back of his stereo.