What oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Castrol GTX high mileage with an AC Delco filter, I've put on 30k since I got this truck runs and drives mint with 251k on it now

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
+1 on the royal purple my truck runs like a beast with this

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
CASTROL GTX 10w30 summer 5w30 winter. + 1 quart LUCAS stabilizer (pure synthetic stabilizer in winter)
As for oil filters I always use K&N or Mobil1.
current miles: 288,***

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well right now i just use castrol which ive always used. But when i put the new motor in it will only have RP in it at all times. Its expensive stuff but its worth it in my opinion. Ive seen tests online and in person on this stuff and its the real deal. My grandfather worked for a chemical place that made a motor oil that was $15 dollars a quart and he started using it. When i changed his oil for him i noticed the purple color and asked him about it. he said it was because of what they put in it. and with a little research it was the same exact oil as RP but 6 dollars a quart more.

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know there's not really a right or wrong answer but I'm trying cut down on how much oil I'm burning. With 140,000 on it, 1 quart over 5,000 miles isn't horrible, but I'd like to see if there's something that would lessen that. Maybe I should try Mobil 1 or Royal Purple??? Also, it calls for 5W-30...so maybe trying something a bit heavier? I'm out in Arizona, so that could help it as well???

Mine calls for 5w30 but ive been putting 10w30 hast hurt anything

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2