What oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind/type of oil you're using in your trucks. When I bought the truck (when I was in Afghanistan) I talked to the gentleman who used to own it. I asked him what kind of oil he was using. He told me Pennzoil FULL synthetic. So...before my father-in-law drove it out to Arizona for me I had the oil changed and they used Pennzoil Platinum FULL synthetic. Now, just over 5,000 miles later and it has used some oil, just about 1 quart over that period of time.

So, what are you guys using? Conventional, blend, full synthetic? What brands? I've always used Castrol in my vehicles. Thanks for any and all help.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to use Mobil 1 in both of my trucks. I now use castro 20-50 in the 91 and in the 99 wallmart synthetic.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I know there's not really a right or wrong answer but I'm trying cut down on how much oil I'm burning. With 140,000 on it, 1 quart over 5,000 miles isn't horrible, but I'd like to see if there's something that would lessen that. Maybe I should try Mobil 1 or Royal Purple??? Also, it calls for 5W-30...so maybe trying something a bit heavier? I'm out in Arizona, so that could help it as well???