What is this and how can I relocate it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's his typical responses same as on FSC.

he's completely againist anything smog related or going from tbi to carb I know I've seen the posts.

eh well he has his opinions I've got mine.

but for the topic, can it be removed? yes, should it be removed? maybe not, or maybe, depends on you, and it's your call.

can you relocate it? yes, where to? anywhere you want as long as the fuel vapor line can reach and then it reach the tbi, which could be ANYWHERE on the truck.

so in the end, please don't bash ppl or bash this site saying crap like "ohh typical responses from this site" BS!!!!!!!! I bet every site ends up with the same ones. If not then really who cares? This is a great site, don't confuse it with FSC or some bashfest site.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Typical responses on this site.

Someone needs an attitude adjustment. How much experience do you have working on classic/performance vehicles and engines? The only thing that tube does is prevent the tank from venting right into the open air. There's no danger however if it does vent strait into the air.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would see more risk in explosion in the open air then I would with it hooked up honestly.

gas fumes can ignite, and that could cause an issue, more so of the tank not venting right because it completely open and no restriction, but yet could cause it to blow up? eh whatever.

I would think one could run a hose off it right into the tbi or carb but I'd be afraid it'd suck fuel in thru that line if the tank were full enough?

Just do yourself a favor and avoid the risk, if you remove it, don't smoke around the hose, wherever you vent it, or don't weld grind etc. If you do then plug it completely while you do so.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think one could run a hose off it right into the tbi or carb but I'd be afraid it'd suck fuel in thru that line if the tank were full enough?

That is the way my 94 is and i never had issues with it sucking in fuel. You also have to remember that the line to the canister from the tb has a solenoid valve on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.