What is this piece called so i can order one or find it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
This step up piece on this C1500. Right now mine is chrome and I like the way this looks and seems more practical getting in and out of the truck without slipping and falling.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, @someotherguy beat me to it. LMC has 'em and am planning on getting one for my girl's truck. You can even get the two impact strips, on each side of the license plate and the upper step cover on top of the bumper. You can also get the front bumper side to side impact strip and a new license brackett.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
An alternative would be, just lower the sucker all the way down so you can step directly onto the larger top pad of the bumper instead. ;) ;)

ugh that back bumper is really beat. If I replace it though it's just another nail in the coffin for the "build a cheap beater" plan.. so far this is the most expensive old beater I've had.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
An alternative would be, just lower the sucker all the way down so you can step directly onto the larger top pad of the bumper instead. ;) ;)

ugh that back bumper is really beat. If I replace it though it's just another nail in the coffin for the "build a cheap beater" plan.. so far this is the most expensive old beater I've had.

Richard
Rawhide's bumper has a bigger dent in the left side, but no extra holes. Still does its job though so it's way down the fix list. The big dent, big tow hitch and the drop ball mount make it more intimidating to tailgate us though! Especially if they can see stuff bouncing around in the bed....

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This step up piece on this C1500. Right now mine is chrome and I like the way this looks and seems more practical getting in and out of the truck without slipping and falling.
ummmm.... we need more pics of that ride... please. That tailgate refresh came out nice. I remember you talking about doing it, but didn't catch the result. I'm still on the hunt for a nice oem GMC version of that band.

What part of VA?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear bumper center step pad. LMC has 'em for $15, part # 31-3337, not sure if it's old stock OEM or a reproduction.

https://www.lmctruck.com/bumpers/rear-bumper/cd-1988-98-rear-bumper-components
All the upper-trim level bumpers like this came with the part, but over time the clips get loose and they fly off.
That's where I got mine too. The other pads, I got on Amazon. I think they were less expensive there.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
I’d give you mine whenever I get a new one. Mine is pretty straight but has one dent in the passenger side.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came out from home Depot to load honey do project stuff in bed. Go to step up and stop. She sez " what's wrong you having stroke ?" " Ha ha very funny not " . Some rat ba****d has stolen the center pad. It was there when we pulled in cause I put the bag in bed inside the cab. Next one I epoxy on with 10,000 psi adhesive. Add to the treasure yard list. :3811797817_8d685371

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Came out from home Depot to load honey do project stuff in bed. Go to step up and stop. She sez " what's wrong you having stroke ?" " Ha ha very funny not " . Some rat ba****d has stolen the center pad. It was there when we pulled in cause I put the bag in bed inside the cab. Next one I epoxy on with 10,000 psi adhesive. Add to the treasure yard list. :3811797817_8d685371
It snaps in to place, right? Could it have broken loose and fallen off?

Is the 10,000 psi adhesive epoxy available at Home Depot?