What is this and how can I relocate it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trill

Reaction score
Im not sure what this is or what it does. Couldnt someone tell me what it is and how could I relocate it.

You must be registered for see images attach

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Its very simple to move, just get some vacuum hose and put it wherever, I installed the storage box in my 93 so i had to relocate mine. super simple :)

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, it is vents the gases from the fuel tank, just relocate it. IT is there for a reason.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes you can relocate/remove it I have done many.

you want to use a filter or something on the end of the metal line with a rubber line and clamps, to keep dirt out and to vent the fumes.

tons say not to remove it but we've done a few and never had a problem, now for emisssion and testing, you better leave it.

Mine smelled of gas before removing and does now on hot days, but other ones I removed never smelled of gas.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I took mine out also. I just unbolted it and tucked the lines in the core support. Haven't had any problems and its been done for a year or so probably.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
The only reason i didn't remove mine is because i am a certified emissions inspector in Northern Va. So, I am not about to remove it from my truck when i would have to fail a car that comes in without it lol. Thats also the only reason i still have the cat on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.