What is this and how can I relocate it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would you want to allow dirty air to be sucked into the fuel tank? or it not vent properly and possibly blow up? UGH

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
uummm hello we already stated that point...

how is it going to blow up when it's open and can vent freely NON stop?????????

2nd you use a filter on the end and then it gets clean air not dirty.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Mine has been missing since (very likely) years before I acquired the truck, but if you want to pass emissions, you'll need it. Pretending there is even the remotest danger of explosion is... well.. unlikely. Extremely unlikely, so I'd say thats being a little dramatic.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly the can has like a 2 psi valve built in so it builds pressure before it opens to let the fumes vent into the tbi unit or carb on older trucks, so if there's any risk of explosion I'd be thinking that.

My old mans truck has not vented properly since he woned it, with the can and now without, it'd build pressure in the tank and you unscrew the cap and the tank would fart. Seriously the flapper valve/door for the filler neck with vibrate back and forth and sound like it was farting.

I removed the charcoal can on it and it's not been as bad since.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Typical responses on this site.

I'm not saying I think its a good idea... but pretending that removing it poses an explosion risk is basically fear-mongering. If you can support your claim with anything resembling sound reasoning I'm all ears, but my truck came to me without one, and I've yet to have it explode, and if it were possible I would think we'd have heard of documented cases of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.