What is the part number for this rubber fitting on the radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No part # - it's not an original GM part or anything. That's just a rubber cap used to block off that spot on the radiator, to allow an aftermarket radiator to fit across a wider range of models. Some of these trucks have the heater core return to the radiator at that spot, others have it return to the water pump.

Go to the auto parts store and see if they'll sell you one separate.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Inner diameter is 5/8", just FYI. I'd strongly recommend grabbing some silicone ones instead of the standard rubber. The silicone won't degrade over time. Here's some for cheap. They ship from China though, so if you order them be prepared to wait a couple weeks for delivery. I'm sure there's other US based sellers with similar products if you don't want to wait that long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6PCS-16mm-...-Caps-Black-/291436104113?txnId=1534720340019

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a piece of 5/8 aluminum bar stock and 5/8 Silicone heater hose and made my own. The ones like you have is not going to last. After i put mine on I shot with a little semi gloss black and it blends in. I cut a piece of stock about 1 1/2 inch for the plug. It is about two inches overall long. I have plenty of material left over , if you was not half way around the world I would fix you up with material.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: