What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Its DEFINITELY time to get airbags and the GN hitch rails into my big block truck. Along with the 0411 PCM and tune. Just bought this 30' tandem dual. It seems to pull way heavier and have a lot more tongue weight than that tridem single (Post #315 in this thread) did..

You must be registered for see images attach

I desperately need a trailer of that size lol

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

The ole JD on a bush hogging job

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always love to see your truck, are you going to keep it along with the BB Crew Cab?

Yeah I think so. It's really not worth much versus how much work I've done to it and it has a few issues to sort out that most others around here wouldn't even know where to start for diagnosing. The engine is an 03 5.3. The trans is a rebuilt 4l80e that started life behind a 6L, not sure what year. Its had power windows and mirrors swapped in. ABS deleted with a proportioning valve from a pre 95 GMT400.

The issues are nothing major. I had cruise control working when I did the engine swap. I was on a 9 hour drive to Winnipeg to pick up a Jetta at one point and the speedo started going crazy, jumping all over the place. At that point the cruise quit working and the trans started shifting really hard. From then on, whenever the truck got warm (drive 30 minutes on a summer day) the speedo would quit working, would shift hard, and 4wd would not engage. I replaced the VSS in the tcase and the speedo and shifting issue was fixed, but it still won't shift into 4wd and cruise won't work.. I have checked all of the cruise control signals from the multifunction switch (on/off, set/coast, resume/accel) and they are good. So it's not a huge deal but I would like my cruise control back and if I can figure out the issue I will know what not to do on future LS swaps..

TerryH your dually is looking great! I was down in Havasu and went to Foxy's bar on the River at Parker AZ around April 20. There was a beautiful crew cab long box 96-99 GMT400 in red. Identical to my crew cab but long box. I would have asked the guy how much money for it if I saw him, haha.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I desperately need a trailer of that size lol

Doesn't everyone!? I shopped for a long time for a tandem dual gooseneck with a beaver tail. Eventually found this one. 2013 Gatormade, slip tank and pump, chains and boomers for $6k. Anything comparable would be over $10k up here normally so I jumped on it same day.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
my dream trailer>>>>>>

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Doesn't everyone!? I shopped for a long time for a tandem dual gooseneck with a beaver tail. Eventually found this one. 2013 Gatormade, slip tank and pump, chains and boomers for $6k. Anything comparable would be over $10k up here normally so I jumped on it same day.

You got a steal on that. I keep looking and looking for one. Everything I find here either is just a car hauler, or a non beavertail. Neither of which will work for me because I have to haul this monster around.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]