What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up a free to me 24" Bayliner Trophy(all I need is a 1 piece rear main engine for that project, and I drug my 96 Tahoe home from storage lot to get it fixed up for sale. The little 305 in this 98 Silverado is getting a work out.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the 5.3 Chevy got to do a dirty job because my cammed crew cab 454 99 isn't tuned yet.. It handled it like a champ especially since most of it was done with a pretty good headwind, but after a few hours on the highway it got a nasty miss and hesitation below 2500rpm. I guess I am looking at a few easy things right now.. Plugs (already have ready to go in), wires, clean IAC, try a different MAF, fuel injector cleaner, coil packs (have some known good that I can try).. I hate diagnosing engine stuff like this but this stumble/miss is VERY pronounced when you have a load on like this.

The trailer is a 26' + 5' beaver tail tridem single. The truck is a 99 7.3 zf6 eclb dually. Guesstimating 8500lbs or truck and 6000lbs of trailer. Of course it wouldn't start so it had to be pulled on with a chain and hi lift jack.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ouch that high lift jack trick would suck on a deck over

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch that high lift jack trick would suck on a deck over

Correct. haha. But we got it on and made it home without any real drama. I'm looking for a 32 or 36 ft tandem dual goose and that would definitely get a receiver mount winch on the front.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I towed a U-Haul I think it was a 5x10 box trailer from Seguin, Tx to Webster, Tx with my 93 ext/cab 5.7 and it ate up a whole tank full now I was coming from San Antonio or that's where I filled up oh it was real windy so much that a DPS police pulled me over I couldn't keep the trailer straight I don't know what was going on that has never happen to me towing I guess it was the wind.