What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sketchy as hell! I towed a C3500 home with a C1500 stepside that apparently has a leaf removed from each spring pack. Check that rear squat, the hitch was about 4" off the ground. I'm seriously loving my Vortec heads and Lunati cam - the motor had plenty of power and never went above 185°F. The JB5 brakes? Not so much. Fortunately, I got the C3500 for free, and my plan is for it to take the place of the Stepside as a tow pig.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sketchy as hell! I towed a C3500 home with a C1500 stepside that apparently has a leaf removed from each spring pack. Check that rear squat, the hitch was about 4" off the ground. I'm seriously loving my Vortec heads and Lunati cam - the motor had plenty of power and never went above 185°F. The JB5 brakes? Not so much. Fortunately, I got the C3500 for free, and my plan is for it to take the place of the Stepside as a tow pig.

You must be registered for see images attach

Is that silver 2 tone or the god awful white paint that doesn't stick worth a ****?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that silver 2 tone or the god awful white paint that doesn't stick worth a ****?
The truck was a Regency Conversion truck. It has that "sweet" '80s paint job, the Centerline Convo Pros, wood trim, and a lighted overhead console, but the running boards are long gone. The white paint is in terrible shape, but the silver paint stuck pretty well.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Towed a dump trailer, prior to having my brake controller installed. Kept it light with only brush. The trailer weighs about 4000lbs empty. Honestly the truck didn't even know it was back there. Drove fine, with a little squat in the rear, not contacting the overload spring yet.

Brake controller is installed, and the trailer is full of dirt, we'll see how overloaded I am when I go across the scale at the dump tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dump Trailer 1.jpg
    Dump Trailer 1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 8

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did more dump runs today with dirt and rocks from the yard. I loaded the trailer last night, and then of course it rained all night. Crossed the scale today at about 20k. Oops. Load was about 8500+4000 for the trailer, so almost 13k. Max tow capacity is 10k. Truck did fine, I really didn't think it was that heavy. The 5 other loads I did today I tried to keep them around 9k total between the trailer and load.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did more dump runs today with dirt and rocks from the yard. I loaded the trailer last night, and then of course it rained all night. Crossed the scale today at about 20k. Oops. Load was about 8500+4000 for the trailer, so almost 13k. Max tow capacity is 10k. Truck did fine, I really didn't think it was that heavy. The 5 other loads I did today I tried to keep them around 9k total between the trailer and load.

Pics! We wanna see those front wheels in the air!