What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
@BNielsen Look at how Andy's truck sits flatter than yours with a heavier load. The difference isn't out back, it's up front. That longer wheelbase makes it a lot harder for tongue weight to hike the front of the truck up. This is where WD makes all the difference. I went from open deck non wd to enclosed with wd, gained a lot of trailer weight, and the truck sat flatter than it did open deck. Reason being I had a ramp situation just like you that pushed the car too far forward. I'm not saying you need to go wd because what you did does not look unsafe, but I am promising you you'll like the difference in the way it drives. I was a bit skeptical myself until I tried it. It won't make you less of a man, I promise.

I’m also using a load distributing hitch and haven’t cranked my torsion bars up. [emoji16] After stopping here to grab a bite to eat I cranked up on more link on the distribution bars and that made it perfect, no bounce whatsoever. Truck and trailer were like one. The picture above is before cranking one more link up.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went and picked up this Toyota to drive a few times a week to give the Chevy a little break.

Towing this with 4.88s sucked. I was either holding at 3k in 4th gear or lugging in 5th gear at 65mph

You must be registered for see images attach

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
First time towing, or in this case, hauling, anything with my green K1500. I was helping my brothers with a bunch of metal they were scrapping. I was impressed with how little the truck was sagging in the rear with ~2K trailer. Second picture of my youngest brother. He's not to happy we made him do some physical labor.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
This is the first time I've actually towed something with my trailer. Went to Joplin to get my riding mower. And yes, 18' is a bit overkill for a riding mower, but I wasn't about to load this in the back of the truck. The other two screenshots show how big it actually is and it barely fits in my garage. And yes it needs some tlc.

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe a little less towed and a little more pulled..... also in my daily driver 05 chevy. Had a truck get stuck with product that I needed unloaded. Was either wait an hour for a heavy wrecker or hook up put it in 4low and go. And for all you 4l60e haters out there this truck is all original, 262k miles(literally rolled over tonight) and I’d still trust it to go anywhere.