What did I do wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is when the truck is running.
You must be registered for see images

This is when the truck is off.
You must be registered for see images

Help me please. I wanna get this fixed before my leds come in.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oops. Easy enough to fix though if you've paid attention to your truck. Fire the truck up and drive it until its reached its full warmed up range. While driving down the road use a GPS and set the cruise control. Stick the needle on the temperature gauge where it normally ran, the oil pressure gauge where it normally ran, the voltmeter right around 14 and the speed at whatever it shows on the GPS. Pull off to the side of the road and leave it in gear, point the needle towards about 600 rpm and stick it in place. Sure it isn't a hundred percent accurate but neither were the factory gauges. You'll be in the ballpark and that's probably closer than what the general had it leaving the lot with.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Oops. Easy enough to fix though if you've paid attention to your truck. Fire the truck up and drive it until its reached its full warmed up range. While driving down the road use a GPS and set the cruise control. Stick the needle on the temperature gauge where it normally ran, the oil pressure gauge where it normally ran, the voltmeter right around 14 and the speed at whatever it shows on the GPS. Pull off to the side of the road and leave it in gear, point the needle towards about 600 rpm and stick it in place. Sure it isn't a hundred percent accurate but neither were the factory gauges. You'll be in the ballpark and that's probably closer than what the general had it leaving the lot with.
Good advice!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It gets the job done! If he has access to scanner (or torque) it could be more accurate.

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I set all the needles back where they are supposed to be. Let the truck get to normal operating temps. Took a picture. Took it apart. And put the new needles on in the same positions. It works fine while truck is running. When I shut it off the gas and temp gauges go wonky.

Tapatalk Time