What’s the wire go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
high pressure switch keeps condensor from exploding,, should have one.,, if u get a high side blockage, the pressure will keep rising until something gives. if your lucky it will burn the clutch up or cook the belt. if unlucky it can break mounts, or blow the grill off the front of the truck.

NinjaKong

Reaction score
A/C over pressure switch. Trips if the head pressure gets too high. Someone replaced the compressor with an older style. Millions of the older vehicles had no overpressure switch and they worked just fine. You may want to pull that jumper and make sure it's clean and making a good connection then seal it up good and make sure it can't get against ground. A better fix would be to cut the wire,slip a piece of heat srink tubing over one of the wires,strip,solder,slide the heat shrink back up over the connection and shrink it down.
Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,go buy a compressor with the head pressure switch.
.035 SS welding wire makes good jumpers for such rigs.
I’ll probably clean it and cover it till I buy the correct compressor. I appreciate Al the replies. Now I know for sure what that wire is and what the deal is.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
high pressure switch keeps condensor from exploding,, should have one.,, if u get a high side blockage, the pressure will keep rising until something gives. if your lucky it will burn the clutch up or cook the belt. if unlucky it can break mounts, or blow the grill off the front of the truck.
More than likely just blow the high side hose.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See that round disc, it's being held by snap ring. You need to get a " high pressure shut off switch " ( normally closed till it gets 450 psi then it opens , stopping power to compressor clutch) should come with new " o ring " if not get new green o ring. Have system evacuated, recovered. Snap ring pliers to remove plug, install new prong, new high pressure switch, remove jumper, install connector, , vacuum down, finish servicing AC.
Someone was lazy. Without switch, if over pressured then the blowout disc, mounted lower down , would go " boom " and you would be buying a lot of shiny new parts. $$$$

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just replaced one of those, goes to the A/C can looking thing on the firewall on the passenger side. (don't know what that thing is called). I had pulled it loose to fix something, and it fell onto the headers and melted. Luckily, Amazon carries them.