What’s the wire go to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NinjaKong

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone know what this wire is supposed to go to? Truck runs fine the way it is, but I’m curious what it’s supposed to go to.

Attachments

• 89936FF4-0348-419C-94CC-E6DA115913E2.jpeg
    89936FF4-0348-419C-94CC-E6DA115913E2.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 21

NinjaKong

Reaction score
looks like AC compressor .. 2 wires go to compressor, one for power to compressor on top, one on back for pressure cut out. someone put a jumper wire in it...
Hmm, my a/c worked last year and it doesn’t this year. Haven’t looked into any further other than making sure it was charged. Wasn’t getting cold even though it was charged and compressor did turn on.

I’ll have to dig around a little. I didn’t find any other places to plug it into as it doesn’t have much slack to move around much.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sometimes when u get new compressors you have to transfer some switches from the old to the new,, if someone changed compressor and didnt transfer the switches, this may be why they jumped the wires in the plug,, NO BUENO...

NinjaKong

Reaction score
sometimes when u get new compressors you have to transfer some switches from the old to the new,, if someone changed compressor and didnt transfer the switches, this may be why they jumped the wires in the plug,, NO BUENO...
My uncle had the truck before me and he’s known for having a guy who can always do it for cheaper haha

NinjaKong

Reaction score
Look on the back top side on the compressor and see if theres a place to plug it in..
I think you are right. It definitely is supposed to go to the AC compressor but the compressor doesn’t have any spot where another plug would be. Wondering by if it’s not the right compressor for the truck lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 11

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A/C over pressure switch. Trips if the head pressure gets too high. Someone replaced the compressor with an older style. Millions of the older vehicles had no overpressure switch and they worked just fine. You may want to pull that jumper and make sure it's clean and making a good connection then seal it up good and make sure it can't get against ground. A better fix would be to cut the wire,slip a piece of heat srink tubing over one of the wires,strip,solder,slide the heat shrink back up over the connection and shrink it down.
Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,go buy a compressor with the head pressure switch.
.035 SS welding wire makes good jumpers for such rigs.