Went to 20" rollers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STATIK_LOW

Reaction score
Nice, just my input on the fenders and tubs but I made pie cuts in my fender lip and was able to roll them nice and tight with no Issues inside or out. I heard the eastwood fender roller can crack paint if you get aggressive with it which is necessary if your trying to roll them without relief cuts. Also recommend getting rid of some of the bolts on the passenger side tub they’ll rub on the tires on good dips. I didn’t notice mine rubbed at first till I pulled the tires off and seen I had rubbed the bolt heads flat and knocked chunks of rubber out of the tire..Of course I think we’re on totally opposite sides of the spectrum here but if I know I’m gonna be low and want aggressive suspension and tire fitments I would just tub the front (done correctly it looks better than dorky stock tubs) or go with skinnier tires those 2 things combined you can tuck, turn lock to lock and hit dips at 70 mph and get some of that freedom back, but most people are allergic to these mods. From my experience most people want a lowered truck stuffing big wheels and still want the truck to ride like if nothing ever happened..but it hardly ever works that way

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
From my experience most people want a lowered truck stuffing big wheels and still want the truck to ride like if nothing ever happened..but it hardly ever works that way
True, true. I found my happy medium on the 94 C2500LD with a 5/7 drop, good springs and shocks (BellTech), full 2500LD rear spring pack(!), Hellwig rear sway bar, ES poly bushings throughout, and 255/45/20 tires on 20x8.5 Centerlines (5.5" backspace IIRC). It handled really well and I could abuse it thoroughly at pretty much any speed. It took a beating and just kept going. I did replace some disintegrated poly upper bushings on the front shocks, and I think eventually the front sway end links, and the rear axle did beat some dents into the notch at the bump stop. I wasn't afraid to load the bed and work the truck, though.

I could have gone lower and fatter but it would have become far more about looks at that point versus functionality. This was the setup I ran for a long time:

You must be registered for see images attach

Years later I sold it to a friend and then bought it back after a while. He had cut the front springs for another 1" of drop and added rear shackles to the flip kit (the usual 6" drop you get from the flip is closer to 7" on the 2500LD) so it was like a 5+/8 drop at that point. It looked good but was less useful in terms of still being a truck, so I raised it back to where I had it before. I did dig how it looked, though:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, just my input on the fenders and tubs but I made pie cuts in my fender lip and was able to roll them nice and tight with no Issues inside or out. I heard the eastwood fender roller can crack paint if you get aggressive with it which is necessary if your trying to roll them without relief cuts. Also recommend getting rid of some of the bolts on the passenger side tub they’ll rub on the tires on good dips. I didn’t notice mine rubbed at first till I pulled the tires off and seen I had rubbed the bolt heads flat and knocked chunks of rubber out of the tire..Of course I think we’re on totally opposite sides of the spectrum here but if I know I’m gonna be low and want aggressive suspension and tire fitments I would just tub the front (done correctly it looks better than dorky stock tubs) or go with skinnier tires those 2 things combined you can tuck, turn lock to lock and hit dips at 70 mph and get some of that freedom back, but most people are allergic to these mods. From my experience most people want a lowered truck stuffing big wheels and still want the truck to ride like if nothing ever happened..but it hardly ever works that way

Like I tell my sons, "everything you do has consequences", it may look cool but there are tradeoffs that you have to face, period!!!
Bobby v