Well She Went Out ;( New Auto or Manual Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finish line trans are badass id love to have one but i already know where im gettin mine built at and i cant wait

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
The NV3500 5 speed is junk. It's not even worth its weight in scrap if you plan on doing any performance driving. The only manual swap to even consider is a T-56 but it will be prodigiously expensive.

A properly set up 4L60 will hold up just fine. That 5.7 doesn't put out as much hp/tq as you probably think it does. An auto will also be faster than a comparable manual transmission as well. I don't care how great of a driver you are, you can't overcome the gearing advantage and quick shifting of a stalled auto.

Also MAKE SURE you're getting a pre-93 non electronic 4L60. Otherwise it won't work.

Here is the servo you want. A decent shift kit will go a long way in a stock 4 speed as well.

http://www.oregonperformancetransmi...hant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_code=NTP-K51828C