Washer Fluid Pump - Cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...they're both off the same line from the pump, teed at the cowl, so if one stops, it IS the nozzle or there's a blockage in that section of the hose. If the line broke the pressure would drop so much the other one would work very poorly, just a dribble.

Richard

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 93's didn't work at all until I re-soldered the joints on the control board. They're timed with the wipers, they turn off every time the wipers get to the bottom as long as you hold the button. My 94 did the same thing, I always figured it was intentional.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just one side? I haven't pulled the cowling yet, but I would imagine you have 1 feed line that tee's somewhere into two lines that go to each nozzle... sounds like you either have a clog in the line or the line itself is broke.

Yes just the passenger side. Driver's side still works great. I checked the hose and nozzle and all are clear. That's why I figured the circuit board. But then again I did nickname this truck "Christine". Lol

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes just the passenger side. Driver's side still works great. I checked the hose and nozzle and all are clear. That's why I figured the circuit board. But then again I did nickname this truck "Christine". Lol

If your pump has power and you have fluid out of one nozzle... then your board is fine. You have a line/nozzle problem. If you have a air compressor with a blower... might want to remove the line and shoot some air (easy on the pressure) through the line and see if you have a clog.

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen any of my 400s pulse. My current 93 is just a steady stream. Who knows what pump the Po's have swapped into them though

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen any of my 400s pulse. My current 93 is just a steady stream. Who knows what pump the Po's have swapped into them though

Wouldn't be a pump issue. Everyone has mentioned the cutout is timed for a certain spot where the wipers hit at the bottom... Same as mine. That is a power feed issue to the pump itself timed within the board I would imagine.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine is doing the same, problem is the stream from the jets is very week and barely reaches the lower part of the windshield.
when i connect the lines to the rear window pump it gives a decent stream.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine is doing the same, problem is the stream from the jets is very week and barely reaches the lower part of the windshield.
clear obstruction , fix power and ground supply to pump, or replace pump. only so much it can be..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
clear obstruction , fix power and ground supply to pump, or replace pump. only so much it can be..
Yep. Or the jets are crudded up with deposits if someone has been running regular water through the system. Remove and soak in white vinegar, or replace.

Richard

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing then the pump stopped working. Replaced the pump and all is well now.