Washer Fluid Pump - Cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when you run your washer fluid pump, does it sometimes cut off and then back on again? I have 0 issues with my wipers, but I do not get a steady stream of fluid when I am washing my windshield... it just seems to cut off the spray for a second, each time the wipers complete one up/down cycle.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
98 cuts out, 88 used to run steady. Not sure what my 97 does. Super annoying.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Address the typical cracked solder joints on the wiper motor circuit board where the harness socket attaches. The washer motor circuit is affected by this. It may be early symptoms of an impending failure there. Easy easy fix.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Address the typical cracked solder joints on the wiper motor circuit board where the harness socket attaches. The washer motor circuit is affected by this. It may be early symptoms of an impending failure there. Easy easy fix.

Richard

Mine cuts out in unison with wiper position, been that way since I bought the truck in 2009. Seemed intentional to me, is that bot the case?

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95, Mine pulses. It's supposed to.....

So does mine. Cant remember if you have to activate it again or just hold in the on position, (can confirm later, its raining today) but it is definitely timed. I assumed it was so the motor didnt overheat or something to that effect.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so now I don't feel as bad. I was looking at the pulse boards and they were like 16 bucks on amazon... almost seemed worth it to get the board, new cover and screws vs messing with soldering it. (also easier since I cannot find my soldering iron at the moment).

Since you guys are reporting the same behavior, I won't mess with it for now.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The passenger side on my 90 Sierra stopped working several years ago. I'm sure it was the circuit board but I've just never got around to fixing it. Nozzle isn't clogged.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The passenger side on my 90 Sierra stopped working several years ago. I'm sure it was the circuit board but I've just never got around to fixing it. Nozzle isn't clogged.
Just one side? I haven't pulled the cowling yet, but I would imagine you have 1 feed line that tee's somewhere into two lines that go to each nozzle... sounds like you either have a clog in the line or the line itself is broke.