Want close to 2000whp? In a 4 cylinder? Get your fix here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Hardly... really depends on the application and intended use.

Truth.

Take a rwd around a track, then take an awd around the same power range, and let me know what your results are.

Pretty sure awd will take it..

I forgot though, Most rwd fan boy's can only drive in straight lines :D

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truth.

Take a rwd around a track, then take an awd around the same power range, and let me know what your results are.

Yeah I'll agree to disagree. RWD is better for road course. Ideal set up is mid engine rwd. Most Americans... are stuck in the can only drive straight line crap anyways.

Just go to your local autox events and watch Miatas waste Subies and Evos.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Truth.

Haha, Ricer noob >:0 :lol:

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I'm with the rest of 'em, I like my cars like my woman, get 'em loose and wild. Its hard to pitch an awd sideways, are they fun to drive, yes, are they as fun as a RWD, no.

As for FWDs...

You must be registered for see images attach

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
better that gem get sum hellacious fuel milage

me and awd is just askin to flip
me and fwd is just askin to pull an ebrake and possibly,,,flip
me and rwd is cutting sittys till me tires are no longer existent lol

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Yeah I'll agree to disagree. RWD is better for road course. Ideal set up is mid engine rwd. Most Americans... are stuck in the can only drive straight line crap anyways.

Just go to your local autox events and watch Miatas waste Subies and Evos.

I have been to plenty events and have seen it go both ways. From personal experience, I would still disagree because if you loose traction/give it too much gas while cornering in a RWD, it will have a tendancy to oversteer and break free in the rear. In an AWD, It would have an easier time regaining traction while maintaining a neutral steering balance. Making it easier to come into, through, and out of the corner while utilizing a good amount of power. In the end, it all depends on how well you are set up and able to use the power. The argument is pointless because there are so many variables from car to car/driver to driver, The comparisons would be inconsistent. Especially when it comes to comparing a small/mid-sized sedan to a miata. Those things are like rocket ships when done right. All I'm saying is I would prefer a properly set up AWD. Also, You are completely right on with mid-engine rear-wheel being ideal.

Haha, Ricer noob >:0 :lol:

It sucks that people still throw the ricer card because someone drives or enjoys a 4 cylinder. I am able to respect that people have differing tastes..Some can't

As for the noob part......You have been here one month longer... :think:

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
It sucks that people still throw the ricer card because someone drives or enjoys a 4 cylinder. I am able to respect that people have differing tastes..Some can't

As for the noob part......You have been here one month longer... :think:

Dude, I was joking around, I like Muscle cars and I also enjoy seeing a suped up Eclipse, Supra and all that jazz. I put the funny mad face and the "lol" what more could tell you I was kidding?

We're cool man, it's cool.

Did you wanna buy my chrome chevy grille when I get my colormatched one tomorrow?