Want close to 2000whp? In a 4 cylinder? Get your fix here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
First off, Don't know if any of you are into 4 cylinder cars, or even showcase any here..But I figured some might be interested just because of the engineering involved. Also, If I didn't put it in the right section, you can beat me later. Just read this first.

These guys in Greece know how to do it. This takes some SERIOUS cash and skill. From another site, But it was a seriously cool read. Alot of tech talk in the original thread so it is highlighted here. It is from a company called Extreme Tuners in Athens, Greece. He says he keeps it down to about 30 something PSI due to traction issues. Kinda makes the power seem un-useable, but cool none the less.

Cast Garrett compressor wheels (right) tend to come apart above 50 psi. CNC billet aluminum wheels (middle) are stronger, but why not be different and use your own CNC billet titanium (left) compressor?
You must be registered for see images

You'll need a turbo big enough for the job, which in this case is a 108mm twinscroll T4 turbo, with custom quad ball bearing CHRA and 100psi capability.

To get enough airflow at 12,000rpm(!) to get the job done, you'll need a skillfully ported head, complete with titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats:

And you're going to need a set of camshafts to handle the rpm and withstand tremendous ramp pressures, so why not a set of hollow titanium billets with DLC at only 234 grams each?

And since there is no aftermarket rod up to the task, just ask for a set of billet mmcs-titanium connecting rods at 286g each. Rod/Stroke ratio is 2.07:

For pistons, a set of custom beryllium pistons with DLC fits the bill, and since methanol is the fuel, 13:1 SCR is fine:

A strong wrist pin is needed as well:

Toss in a custom titanium billet crank:

A set of 9000cc/min injectors:

And since a factory 4G63 block probably wouldn't hold up, just CNC machine your own from billet aluminum:

No head gasket is used:

And to put all that power to the gearbox, one needs a suitable multiplate clutch:

Yes, it is smaller than a cam gear:

An example of very efficient turbo manifold design from one of their recent projects:

And last but not least, a dynosheet from this car, running 'only' 48psi and hydraulic cams, Not the Ti hollows pictured earlier:

Since some of you are wondering what this costs, I know the Ti rods are around $3,250 each, and the Ti crank is around $31,000. Block is rumored to be around $9,000. They are now working on a CNC billet cylinder head and carbon fiber turbine housings. These guys have good connections with F1 parts fabricators.

Last edited:

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i definitely like the two part block ....makes for very stong main caps...i would say the block was more....i have heard that a billet block 8 cyl ran about $50k for the 2-3k hp range

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
That's what I thought too. But the block is billet aluminum. So it kinda makes sense that the crank would cost more, But DAMN that is a steep price tag for a crank.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Freakin awsome is all I have to say lol!! My wife had a 98 acura integra that I ended up building for her when all said an done we had just under 4k in the motor which was turboed of course an had around 265 hp at the wheels that thing was a blast to drive lol!!! in the whole car we had just about 10k invested in it an ended up tradeing it in for $1,500 lol!!! on a 1999 mk3 vw jetta someone got a hell of a deal!!!

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Freakin awsome is all I have to say lol!! My wife had a 98 acura integra that I ended up building for her when all said an done we had just under 4k in the motor which was turboed of course an had around 265 hp at the wheels that thing was a blast to drive lol!!! in the whole car we had just about 10k invested in it an ended up tradeing it in for $1,500 lol!!! on a 1999 mk3 vw jetta someone got a hell of a deal!!!

Those integras are fun cars too. I just sold a motor we had in a integra ls block b16 head i think it was. it was all done up. car was quick for a lil **** box