Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I was thrilled to find this at the local yard... they didn't have a straight diesel bumper so that will have to wait until I can find one somewhere else.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I've been tempted, believe me... we have an old parts 'burban with a chevy grill that I've thought about dropping in a couple times

It's staying for right now, that's for sure! I might rock a chevy grill someday to see if I like it, but not right now.

I like both grills a ton, so maybe I'll just have to get another truck :evillol:

Stay GMC. Looks more truck-like IMO than a 94+ Silverado grille. I've had two chevs with the same style grille, and I like the GMC looks way better. If I could find one the right colour in perfect shape I'd probably swap. However, I'm also looking for a "Chevrolet" banner tailgate, and that might look a little funny, being half GMC and half Chevy.

IMO either leave the guard off or paint it flat black. Either way, I love your truck. Stock + attitude (BL and tires) is the perfect look.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You also need stock fender flares. Just sayin'

Maybe... I'd need rims first. And I kind of like the leaner/sportier look without them :shrug:

But my mind is subject to change once in a while :lol:

And I agree the guard looks way better off- I was gettin' way too much chrome up front.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tan fender flares plus demold would look awesome. I just picked up a set of flares and thats my plan.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay GMC. Looks more truck-like IMO than a 94+ Silverado grille. I've had two chevs with the same style grille, and I like the GMC looks way better. If I could find one the right colour in perfect shape I'd probably swap. However, I'm also looking for a "Chevrolet" banner tailgate, and that might look a little funny, being half GMC and half Chevy.

IMO either leave the guard off or paint it flat black. Either way, I love your truck. Stock + attitude (BL and tires) is the perfect look.

I have a banner 'gate now an a gmc grill. My plan is an Ebay 18 bar insert that will do away with the gmc emblem. Problem fixed.......

I might put a billet bowtie on it don't know about that yet though