Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I really like your truck. The undercoating looks super nice, i wish mine was the 3rd door like yours, it would make life so much easier.. Just a little tip, if you ever consider it, if i were you i would cut that bottom bar off on your brushguard so your fog lights can shine all the way though! it would look nicer and help out lighting up the road, just my .02 :waytogo:

Thanks! And of the lights, they're not mounted, they're just sitting there for the shot.

I'm getting a diesel bumper installed and sticking the lights in there instead. Hopefully I can get one lined up within a week or two... some local yards are seeing if they can get a straight clean one for me.

I might also just pull the guard off... we'll see how I feel when we get there. I'll have to take it off to swap bumpers, it's just a matter of if I'll want to stick it back on.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Thanks! And of the lights, they're not mounted, they're just sitting there for the shot.

I'm getting a diesel bumper installed and sticking the lights in there instead. Hopefully I can get one lined up within a week or two... some local yards are seeing if they can get a straight clean one for me.

I might also just pull the guard off... we'll see how I feel when we get there. I'll have to take it off to swap bumpers, it's just a matter of if I'll want to stick it back on.

Oh I see. I would totally take a diesel bumper anyday, they look really good with the lights mounted inside of them. Keep me updated!

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you still looking for a bumper and are around the osky/Pella area I was at Dougs 4 wheelers and saw a few that looked pretty clean today

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
If you still looking for a bumper and are around the osky/Pella area I was at Dougs 4 wheelers and saw a few that looked pretty clean today

Any idea what they ran? I might have some lined up for $100. I'm going to call the yard back tomorrow and see if they've gotten anything.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Oh I see. I would totally take a diesel bumper anyday, they look really good with the lights mounted inside of them. Keep me updated!

The only dilemma I have right now (not the end of the world) is what to get for a style... smoothie, bumper strip, or bumper strip with push pads.