Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Dude, you got a nice truck! makes me miss my daily driver truck. Even if it was a NBS, i wouldnt mind find one clean like yours!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Dude, you got a nice truck! makes me miss my daily driver truck. Even if it was a NBS, i wouldnt mind find one clean like yours!

Thanks man! I hope I can keep it clean... it'll be a battle between age and rust. Especially here in the Midwest where they salt with a passion...

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Yeah, you cant keep a truck in good shape around here if your life depended on it! Its like Salt city here in winter!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yeah, you cant keep a truck in good shape around here if your life depended on it! Its like Salt city here in winter!

No joke! This truck has been in Iowa it's whole life- I got it JUST as it was showing some signs of rust. I pulled off the running boards (so glad I did) and found that where the drill holes were it was starting to go a little. Got that taken care of- so as of date I think I am rust free... if I keep on top of it hopefully I can win *fingers-crossed*

I get quite a few compliments on the shape of it, including some guys who have tried to convince me that MY truck had to have had some body work to look this good still :lol: I had them do a tap-check and walk around.

Most trucks around here don't even have cab-corners...

NOW WATCH- I'LL GET T-BONED INSTEAD

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Got some Baja Desert Fox driving lights... just takin' pix of where I had thought about mounting them but have since changed my mind. I've decided that I'm going to get a diesel bumper instead and go that route.

So... I'm compiling a list of things that I might as well do while I have the bumper/grill off:

upgrade the Baja lights from 55 to 100 halogens
upper corner mod
4-HI mod/HD harness from Mean Green
diesel bumper
new light housings
HID's
remove brush guard (maybe maybe not... on the fence)

If there are any other ideas of what I should do while I have it pulled apart, go ahead and make suggestions... I use my truck quite a bit and don't like having to have the front end off very often.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I know what ya mean about the Iowa rust haha mines parked in the garage for the winter it's so hard not to get it out after this big snow we just had

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Your list you got going i think is a great ideer! everything, i'd probably say take the brush guard off and see how it looks, its only bolts! But i would definitely do all the light mods!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I know what ya mean about the Iowa rust haha mines parked in the garage for the winter it's so hard not to get it out after this big snow we just had

Yeah... this is the only ride I have right now so she has to go out on the salt whether I want her to or not... :nono:

Underlining, washing, underlining and washing... not much else you can do.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Your list you got going i think is a great ideer! everything, i'd probably say take the brush guard off and see how it looks, its only bolts! But i would definitely do all the light mods!

I thought so too, it just might take me some time to get all the stuff put together for each project. I'd like to do all the lights at once, and then the bumper/off road lights all at once so that I get it all done in hopefully two sessions.

Been hitting up some yards for a good diesel bumper...

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I really like your truck. The undercoating looks super nice, i wish mine was the 3rd door like yours, it would make life so much easier.. Just a little tip, if you ever consider it, if i were you i would cut that bottom bar off on your brushguard so your fog lights can shine all the way though! it would look nicer and help out lighting up the road, just my .02 :waytogo: