Valve seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have done the heads on one of my other ones and I noticed that there is no adjustment. I bought comp cams roller tip rockers and the stud kit for it but was advised not to use them so I just put the stock ones back on it. I also noticed the push rods were somewhat clogged so I cleaned them out.
As of the ticking on this truck it's been sitting a while and about a quart low on oil so when I started it the other day yes. When I put a quart of oil into it no, I run them a little above the add mark on the dip stick not all the way up.
This truck is more or less one of my beater trucks, I don't plan on doing a cam. I just thought new springs may help while I'm in there doing the valve seals. Are you saying valve seals may not fix the smog on start up?

A 2000 doesn't have umbrella seals like the older truck, those were the ones more known for a huff of smoke on startup. I did the Comp studs and have stiffer valve springs, I've not had any problems with them.