Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bentwrench

Reaction score
$40k-50k priced trucks is what I believe drives up the value of a used truck. Makes finding something for $2000 and investing another $2k into it much more appealling.

you got that right , my brothers payment for his truck (2015 f-350 sd CCLB gas 5.8?? which he calls equivelent to mine ( srw C3500 RClb w/l-29 and towpack silverado ( when it was a package not a line ) is $500 a month for 7 years and he traded in his 2005 ford which they gave him $12K for with 150K , I paid that for mine ( 20k) no money down over 4, they wanted 40 grand for his and it was used and had 50K on the clock ,
mines only has 136K miles and some mods to the engine , but I keep it washed and waxed and wash the salt off of it in the winter , and at 21 years old I still get people asking to buy it , ( I get idiot lowballs like the dealer who thought it was a K 1500 because of the stance ) but I have been offered 10 K for mine ,
told my wife I will buy a second truck to drive ( gmt400 1500 Sb series ) and keep this one on stand by ,
my one freind buys them cheap and rebuilds the cabs on them ( cab corners /supports and floor ) fixes the motor or replaces it and shoots them big truck white and sells them and still gets 5-10K on them . people do not have the money for a new truck ..

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 96 Yukon i bought new in 1997 from Nalley GMC in Wilmington, DE. It was a SLT with every option available at that time. The only problem it was 2WD. The sticker was over $36000 and I paid $24000 for it. I sold it in 2013 for $2400. It had 180,000 on it but was in excellent shape. The price has risen in this area so much, I believe i could $4000-$5000 in this current market.
You got $12,000 off sticker ? 33% off is super rare. Would you go with me the next time I buy a truck ?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
You got $12,000 off sticker ? 33% off is super rare. Would you go with me the next time I buy a truck ?
Yeah I'm thinking it was a lease turn in with like 10k miles. I had a buddy who had an engineer friend that worked for GM. He would buy a new vehicle each year, so one year he bought a 1998 Suburban K1500 the way my buddy wanted it so he could buy it the following year. He did just that and saved quite a bit off the sticker price. Only thing my buddy didn't get that he wanted was the 3/4 ton front end, which was apparently an option. That friend didn't do it incase my buddy backed out.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I was surprised when I sold my '99 Yukon a couple years ago. I bought it for $3,500 with 66k, drove it for two years and sold it with 90k for $6,000 lol

We got almost $10k off a new Duramax a few months ago... AND they gave us $30k trade on an 09 2500HD!

barry_g

Reaction score
Does the truck turning into what is defined as a classic(25 years old) automatically raise the value or not really? I think at this time 92 and older would be a classic.

I agree.
obd2 made history. 96+
still making history now.
just adding the sum of miles from 96-99 must be a world record..no joke.
it is for real.

I treat my 96 like my dads 2016. In fact he liked my 96 so much he mimicked as much as possible for his new truck.
the older shifter on the floor for the 4x4..
nothing "too" extra. He even chose manual mirrors.
xcab. etc etc.

I see the trend in the 16+, those are going to be a another 96-99 phenomena.. I have no doubts.

I was 23 when the 96 came out, many miles gone by in old school as daily, not classics.
the mpfi gmt400 is modern thing to me. Always will be.
if that goes "classic"... whatever. I will call it making history that never ended.

my own gets complimented with dings and a dented bumper. I still like it a lot too...
now at 364k miles. :)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
My old truck gets compliments, I've even had a couple people ask if it was for sale; nothing special like I've said,
1996 K2500 ECSB, 454/80E, a bunch of dents, dings, some clear-coat issues and a few paint mistakes I've made (over-spray on the fender from painting the flares)

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm the 4th owner, not beat on or anything but I'm still going to replace a bunch of **** before it gets to be too far gone, hopefully I'll have all the bushings throughout the truck replace with poly; all new components on the front end, new steering box and pump, LED light upgrades, replace a bunch of sensors and a few other things;
Just rolled over to this when I pulled in my driveway after work today
You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Ah, she's a baby! We've got 225k on our '89. Fresher engine now so I'm driving it daily. Love it. And even though it's TBI to me, it's still modern enough. The SEFI on my Town Car to me is modern, it's sequential and such! Both will still do 80 mph+ and get there without fail regardless of the induction method so that's what matters to me. I don't have to be faster or more fuel efficient than the other guy.. I see so many modern cars in the yards so the whole modern is better is BS. It's about maintenance and serviceability. I forget what I looked at but perhaps it was a GM mini van. I saw the alternator was tucked up under the cowl and said F that, when it goes yep, time to scrap it lol.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah, she's a baby! We've got 225k on our '89. Fresher engine now so I'm driving it daily. Love it. And even though it's TBI to me, it's still modern enough. The SEFI on my Town Car to me is modern, it's sequential and such! Both will still do 80 mph+ and get there without fail regardless of the induction method so that's what matters to me. I don't have to be faster or more fuel efficient than the other guy.. I see so many modern cars in the yards so the whole modern is better is BS. It's about maintenance and serviceability. I forget what I looked at but perhaps it was a GM mini van. I saw the alternator was tucked up under the cowl and said F that, when it goes yep, time to scrap it lol.

the old s-series Saturn's & ford contours/mercury mystiques had the alternators between the engine & firewall, just above the cv axle.
to replace the ac compressor on some Audi's, you have to pull the bumper & headlights off, pull the rad support forward to get it out.
trailblazer/envoy have the front diff attached to the oil pan w/ the shaft going through the middle of it.
the gen of G. Cavaran/T&C that just ended have the spare tire under the van under the 2nd row of seats. how do get it out on the side of the road w/ a flat?
on my wife's 2014 Captiva, you have to pull the front bumper cover off in order to pull the headlight assembly off to change the bulbs.
a lot of newer vehicles don't come w/ a spare tire & some of those don't even have a spot for one.

there are a lot of stupid designs out there, question is: What are you willing to live w/?

Maybe if people looked @ what they are buying 1st & declined the purchase of these time consuming/expensive labor rate vehicles, maybe they will stop being made.

I just read that the new f350 sd will be approx. $100k, some retards are going to pay that & manufacturers are going to be like, wow what an idiot o well more profit in my pocket. you over there, go raise the prices of everything else. how about the people say no to this crap until the prices come back down.

don't get me wrong, I do like some newer vehicles. but I look it over before I buy it. that helps to inform of future money layouts for repairs/services.

I just sold my 03 Grand Am w/ 168k on the 3.4L that I've driving for the last 13yrs & nothing beyond routine stuff. but it was either put on 4 tires & do the brakes & drive it for another 2yrs & then not being able to sell it due to mileage or sell it now as is, as a cheap car to someone who cant afford a better one. I sold it in less than 24hrs to the 2nd person who called, sight unseen for $1500. just my pics & listing. they were & are very happy w/ it.

I went to look @ the new Impalas & Malibus & couldn't wrap my head around them having 4cyl engines. don't care about them having turbos. it was that there so much room in there that it looked like someone threw a motorcycle engine in there.

I was trying hard to stay w/ Gm but I couldn't find anything that I liked. so I went & bought a rwd Hemi Dodge Charger R/T. I obviously am not concerned w/ mpg, just spm & that's what I get w/ my vehicles. except my wifes, I cant stand driving it, it struggles to get out of its own way.