need to know value of parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
disclaimer to be clear I am asking for numbers only I am not advertising these parts for sale on the forum just saying what have and want an idea of what is worth thanks.
I would also like to give thanks to df2x4 for helping me out and go about this the best way I could with out getting my self in to trouble I hope.

I am going to be doing a partial part-out on a 90 or 91 k1500 5.7 manual trans regular cab step side. some parts I am going to keep the fame is toast and will be scraped the cab is going to be striped and scraped. the items I would like prices for are as fallows front clip with hood fenders clear coat is pealing base coat need re-paint and with out grill manual 4x4 trans not sure if it is a 4 or 5 speed t-case step side bed no tail light pealing clear coat base coat needs re-paint after market rear bumper moonie gauge cluster with trip complete dash with out speakers and speaker grills dash only has one crack cargo light booth door complete need paint like the bed manual windows manual locks sold bench seat t-case/trans shifter cover it is one peace not separate factory radio head controller only no cdm or tape deck the truck had an aftermarket radio in but the controller was left in the dash steering column with tilt and cruse clutch and brake pedals pcm

thanks in advance for any info or advice values

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how the GMT400 market is where you're at but this is what I've seen some of that stuff sell for down here around Houston.

Straight rust free fenders: 40-60 each
Hood: 50-150
4x4 NV3500: 400-500ish
Stepside bed: 300-500
Dash shell: 300ish
Doors: 100-200 each
Clean bench seats: 150ish

The other stuff, I'm not entirely sure of. Hope it helps.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the reply I do not know about market where I am at is like but this is very helpful compaired to the unrealisticly high ebay prices I have found out that the trans is a 4 seed not a 5 speed
I hardly ever go to ebay for parts pricing. Most ebay sellers are salvage yards posting their parts for way too high or it's people looking to get rich off of buying these trucks and parting them out. I keep an eye on my local buy/sell/trade pages looking for part outs for things I want. Some people are smoking crack with the prices they ask, but I usually come across pretty reasonable deals.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
disclaimer to be clear I am asking for numbers only I am not advertising these parts for sale on the forum just saying what have and want an idea of what is worth thanks.
I would also like to give thanks to df2x4 for helping me out and go about this the best way I could with out getting my self in to trouble I hope.

I am going to be doing a partial part-out on a 90 or 91 k1500 5.7 manual trans regular cab step side. some parts I am going to keep the fame is toast and will be scraped the cab is going to be striped and scraped. the items I would like prices for are as fallows front clip with hood fenders clear coat is pealing base coat need re-paint and with out grill manual 4x4 trans not sure if it is a 4 or 5 speed t-case step side bed no tail light pealing clear coat base coat needs re-paint after market rear bumper moonie gauge cluster with trip complete dash with out speakers and speaker grills dash only has one crack cargo light booth door complete need paint like the bed manual windows manual locks sold bench seat t-case/trans shifter cover it is one peace not separate factory radio head controller only no cdm or tape deck the truck had an aftermarket radio in but the controller was left in the dash steering column with tilt and cruse clutch and brake pedals pcm

thanks in advance for any info or advice values
Really ballpark figures here as it's been over a decade since I sold any parts, prices have gone up on some things BTW. Of course condition is the main factor here.

Fenders, hood, doors w/manual windows $100/ea if they're straight and solid

Stepside bed if no damage and complete with tailgate and step pads $500

Aftermarket rear bumper if OEM style $50-$75, other styles take what you can get

Moonie cluster ... tough call, most people not looking for them IMO

Dash with just 1 crack but missing speaker grilles, maybe $200-$250

Tilt column, with keys? Not loose and wobbling? $150

4 speed will probably be SM465 not many people looking, dunno price, try $200?? They're tough as nails and some offroaders like them but IMO low demand

You said bench seat? If it's not worn, good money. $250-$300. Any wear and the price falls dramatically. If it's the full regular straight bench with plain upholstery (not the ribbed Silverado fabric with the single fold-down driver armrest) there are new foam and cloth available to recover them, so it's not trash.. just worth less due to condition.

The other stuff.. factory radio, ecm, pedal assemblies, etc. are low buck stuff

Richard

newmexguy

Reaction score
A few very clean examples still going into pick a parts here. However stuff is still too common, and too far away from buyers to make pretty much any of it sellable. Have bought the following in recent years
Drivers' door glass
Five speed setups-meaning the pedal setups
Manual trans, floor shift tilt column
Hardware - mainly suspension bolts
Dave S las Cruces NM

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a 4 speed like this or this? Only asking because I’ve seen people list NV4500s as 4speeds. The bell housings are expensive either way. Sm465 4 speeds are Selling at $350 the nv4500 5 speeds are selling for at least $1000. You will have the early style of NV which is more desirable first gear. Should be a NP241c transfer case $350 probably no more than that. Pedals are always cool to have around. I agree with all the other pricing. Pictures will help if you need anything else.
Dallas metro area for pricing comparison.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a 4 speed like this or this? Only asking because I’ve seen people list NV4500s as 4speeds. The bell housings are expensive either way. Sm465 4 speeds are Selling at $350 the nv4500 5 speeds are selling for at least $1000. You will have the early style of NV which is more desirable first gear. Should be a NP241c transfer case $350 probably no more than that. Pedals are always cool to have around. I agree with all the other pricing. Pictures will help if you need anything else.
Dallas metro area for pricing comparison.
Fair enough on potentially misidentifying by shift knob, but if it's a moonie cluster truck, won't be an NV4500 (well OK, wouldn't have come with one originally.) They didn't hit the scene until 1992. Some sources will claim 1991 but IMO that's just going by build date of 1992 models. I'm about 99% sure on this but if someone can show me a SPID label from a 1991 truck with RPO code MT8 I'll change my tune on it. ;)

Richard

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fair enough on potentially misidentifying by shift knob, but if it's a moonie cluster truck, won't be an NV4500 (well OK, wouldn't have come with one originally.) They didn't hit the scene until 1992. Some sources will claim 1991 but IMO that's just going by build date of 1992 models. I'm about 99% sure on this but if someone can show me a SPID label from a 1991 truck with RPO code MT8 I'll change my tune on it. ;)

Richard
Agreed but didn’t want a fellow member to miss on some coin since they are reaching out. I’ve bought 2 that were “ 4 speeds” lol. It will be a good SM465. 32spline output 6 bolt circle and the short throw type. I love mine but most don’t. Cheap and easy but no OD.