Unnecessery cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the process of cleaning up my enginebay. My w/t truck came with both the snakenest/in-frame powersteering cooler and a external transcooler. I want to ditch the ext.cooler and go just with the build in one in the radiator and run no powersteer cooler. Truck's gonna be a weekend cruizer, do you guys think I will get in trouble without those coolers??
You must be registered for see images attach

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer an aux trans cooler myself. And I had a (junk) parts store reman PS pump that sucked only in the heat of summer with no cooler. I'd sooner delete an engine oil cooler than either of those.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP is in Sweden.

I doubt it for just cruising. Check your fluids for a while after deleting the coolers to see if they look dark/burnt. I'd keep the aux trans cooler if you are towing, and even better add a trans temp gauge.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That transmission cooler is aftermarket any way. If you have Hydroboost, I'd keep a power steering cooler.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys I think I got it
Yes I'm in sweden, we get maybe 80 in summer if we're lucky
No towing and no hydroboost
Gonna go without both coolers. Trans is the most critical so maybe hook up a gauge to be safe, gauges are fun [emoji2957][emoji16]

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE?

I bypassed the in-frame PS cooler in my '97 K2500, but it's primary purpose is to plow snow on my driveway. And the cooler would still be functional if it didn't leak.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys I think I got it
Yes I'm in sweden, we get maybe 80 in summer if we're lucky
No towing and no hydroboost
Gonna go without both coolers. Trans is the most critical so maybe hook up a gauge to be safe, gauges are fun [emoji2957][emoji16]

I have the trans cooler and put a thermostat in the line. In Scotland in winter on a long climb - it opens.